Ok so every few days all my contacts disappear. I try to type the name of who i want to call from the home screen and none show up. If I go into the address book there are none. I tried changing the filtering option but that's not the problem. If I remove my battery and reinstall it then my contacts will show up fine..then disappear again within a day or two until i repeat the process. WTF is up? Is it cause i'm running out of memory?

Also , once i get the contacts back, how do i update my sim card with them and put all my new contacts onto the SIM? When i add new ones i believe it saves them to my device and i wanna have them on the sim in case i switch phones.
    10-30-08 06:43 PM
    I've never heard your specific symptom before. It could be a memory issue, the battery pull fix sounds like low memory, but disappearing contacts is not normally a symptom. What is your Options / Status / File Free amount? If it's less than 12 000 000 bytes, you need to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig.

I believe it is possible to save contacts to a SIM card, one at a time. My 8830 doesn't use a SIM, so I can't check it. In any case, the SIM card is a poor substitute for synching your contacts to Outlook, or using the Switch Device Wizard to change phones, because the SIM card doesn't hold all the information that you can store in an Address Book entry.
    10-30-08 11:01 PM
    I have 43 MBs free so it can't be a memory issue. After I pull the battery, my contacts will pull up from the home screen when i type the first letter of their name...but if i go to the address book then none of them show....
    10-31-08 02:59 AM
    Very strange. It sounds like your contacts are filtered, but you checked that. And if they were, a battery pull wouldn't solve the problem. So it's not a filter problem.

Are you running Facebook? There have been problems with it reported recently. I'm not at a computer to look up the symptoms, but if you're running Facebook, remove the program and see if that solves the problem.

Are you running Viigo? It can use up all your free memory, even on a device with 43MB free. If you're running it, try removing it and see if that solves the problem.

If either of these suggestions solves the problem, please let us know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 09:29 AM
    I'm not running any programs really..none that didn't come already installed. I don't even have the BB data plan right now so i'm running the bare minimum. I don't want to reset my phone without saving all my contacts and i don't feel like writing them all down but i can't pull them up in the address book..when i type their name they pop up..but they aren't the sim card ones..because when i load the sim card contacts they are old ones that i had loaded before i even got the BB.... ergh.
    11-03-08 07:21 PM
    I've never used a sim card. Can you synch your address book with Outlook?
    11-03-08 09:12 PM
    Same problem on the Storm with 8 gb of free memory.
    11-27-08 07:42 PM
    You may have an empty 8GB media card, but that is not the same as free memory. What is your value for Options / Status / File Free? And what is the specific problem you're experiencing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 12:27 AM
    When in your contact list, hit the blackberry menu button and go to "Filters" then see what is checked. Chances are your Business or personal check box is selected.
    That should do the trick!
    01-08-09 01:25 PM
    It can be from syncing your phone with a gmail application. As soon as I installed the Gmail app it made all my contacts disappear.

If you go onto your gmail account you can see all your contacts in the contact list

I have not figured out if there is a way to send them back to your phone or if you got to manually put them all back in

hope this can help you

I got my contacts back from unsyncing gmail with my contacts on my phone
    12-02-09 03:27 PM
    Closed to stop spam.
    03-04-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD