I set up my yahoo email account on my blackberry and thank goodness there is a separate folder for that. Additionally there is the general inbox that shows all email (from yahoo and my work email). However, I don't have a folder that shows my work email only...HOW DO I SET UP A SEPARATE FOLDER FOR THAT?

I checked the move, hide, etc. and there are no icons hidden.

Thanks for your help and expertise.
    10-24-07 03:24 PM
    If your work uses BES, all of it goes straight to your Messages folder, sorry.
    10-24-07 03:25 PM
    Work does use BES.

There's no way to set up a separate icon for just work email?
    10-24-07 03:29 PM
    Not to my knowledge. I am not on BES, and both of my e-mail accounts have their own icons in addition to the main Messages folder.
    10-24-07 03:32 PM
    The best way I've found to get around this is to simply set a hot key to search. I actually adjusted the default 'Incoming' search to look only in my BES account.
    In the messages section press Menu button > Search > Menu button again> Recall to lookup and edit default searches or New to make a new one. In the Services field select only your BES account. Remember to set a hot key when you save it.
    01-31-08 03:59 PM
    the other thing you could do is get Empowers BES mailbox program which will separate your work email from you yahoo account. You can find it in the Software section here on CB.
    02-27-08 02:05 PM
    The best way I've found to get around this is to simply set a hot key to search. I actually adjusted the default 'Incoming' search to look only in my BES account.
    In the messages section press Menu button > Search > Menu button again> Recall to lookup and edit default searches or New to make a new one. In the Services field select only your BES account. Remember to set a hot key when you save it.
    This method is very simple and works great for what I was looking for.

Thanks!
    12-04-08 02:34 PM
    Awesome!!! Thanks for this tip!!! More importantly i didn't even realize you can set up searches and save them. Perfect use for creating repeating searches when you want to view emails from certain people etc.
    12-16-08 09:45 PM
    This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish but i got a little confused by the instructions as I'm a BB newbie. I don't know what a hot key is so I'd appreciate a little more instruction if possible. Thank you.
    01-08-09 04:00 PM
    Okay, I figured it out. Here are the instructions:

1. Open the main messages account (the one that has all of your messages including your work account)
    2. Press Menu and select Search
    3. Press Menu again and select Recall
    4. Highlight Incoming (i) and press Menu and select "Edit Search"
    5. Scroll down and change the Service attribute from "All Services" to "Desktop"
    6. Press Menu and select "Save"

That sets it up the default "Incoming" search as just your work messages

Then, to run that search when you go to the mailbox, do the following:

1. Open the main messages account
    2. Press Menu and select "Search"
    3. Press Menu again and select "Last" (note that this works if it's the one main search that you use ... if you use multiple searches, then you will need to select "Recall" and choose the appropriate search (e.g., Incoming (i)"))
    4. Press Menu and select "Search" again

Hope that helps.
    02-06-09 08:34 AM
    thanks that's really helpful - you'd think they'd have built this in (i.e. separate folder) but this is a good workaround - cheers
    03-12-09 11:54 AM
    Does this mean that every time I click on my messages icon, I'll have to perform this search to see only my work emails? Sorry, I'm a bit slow when it comes to bb knowledge ......
    04-09-09 09:34 AM
    OK... I installed the Empower BES Mail app which work fine but the email show up in both the main inbox and the inbox Empower made. is there a way to have it not show in the main mail box and just show in the Empower BES folder.
    08-14-09 10:53 AM
    Once you've set up this "incoming" search to show just your BES email, you just have to click alt-i to run it.
    08-14-09 05:45 PM
    Thanks guys for this wonderful Search separation for BES email! Luckily I used this tip to create a search for my work1 e-mail that gets pushed to me through Redirector yesterday. Today I had IT set up my device with BES for work2 and after going through the Enterprise Activation process a bunch of crap from work2's BES overwrote my stuff... while I can still press ALT-Z to filter out work1's emails, I no longer see it listed as one of the defined searches. All that's there now is v for Voicemails. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it one of the service books that must be deleted?
    11-24-09 03:04 PM
    I have an easier way to do have your folders show up. Go to "set up", select email settings, then log in, and send your service books to your handheld. Your folders for each email account will show up. It took me a while to figure it out, but my hand held had to be wiped the other day and once I did that all my email folders showed up again.
    01-19-10 08:02 AM
    Another option which will work if you already have separate email folders for your personal emails, and just want to limit the emails that go into your main messages folder to those coming through the BES.

1) Open main messages folder (the one EVERYTHING is getting dumped into right now)
    2) Choose menu
    3) Choose Options
    4) Choose Main message list settings
    5) Uncheck personal email(s)

Now the only ones that go into that folder are those sent through the BES.
    07-22-10 06:17 PM
    i dont see a "Main message list settings" in the folder. It only has "General Options, Email Settings, Email Filters, Email Reconcilliation, Spell Check and Enhanced Gmail Plug-in Options."
    08-09-10 03:19 PM
    No such settings in the list, and I have the same issue.
    3 email accounts on the BB, and only 2 icons on the desktop : 1 for the personal email, and 1 regrouping all emails including the work.
    This stumps me!
    I really need a separate email account folder for the work address, I get confused and don't really have time to look where the message was sent... Any thoughts on how to separate them?
    Thx!
    09-16-10 05:02 PM
    I have an easier way to do have your folders show up. Go to "set up", select email settings, then log in, and send your service books to your handheld. Your folders for each email account will show up. It took me a while to figure it out, but my hand held had to be wiped the other day and once I did that all my email folders showed up again.

Where's your "set up"? I can't find that in my menu.
    I have "email settings" - is this what you mean?
    09-16-10 05:04 PM
    Where's your "set up"? I can't find that in my menu.
    I have "email settings" - is this what you mean?
    Manage Internet E-mail, from the device. It's that place you go to to set-up email.
    09-17-10 10:13 PM
    on my new BB Bold 9650, it was working just fine when I got it; all emails were going in and out and coming to the right folders. When I restored all my data from the backup I did on my Curve, it all got messed up again. All emails were going to the Messages folder and not separating, and then I couldn't send email.

So, when I did the following to try to get my email to send, the emails started filtering into the right folders again.

Set up----Email Settings---BB button----Service books----Send Service Books.

all worked great...

Thanks.
    10-18-10 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD