i've done the soft-boot and the alt-track wheel procedure but still no success. i don't think it's hidden. I can't check my sms or email msgs. I'm gettin frustrated. PLEASE HELP.
    08-27-07 10:22 AM
    Are you saying you're missing the MESSAGES icon? I want to make sure I understand...

If it's not hidden as you say, try switching themes. Do you see it now?
    08-27-07 06:09 PM
    Yes. It's the MESSAGES icon. I tried switching themes and still no icon.
    08-28-07 07:39 AM
    And, you made sure the 'show all' on the main screen of icons WAS / IS selected? If you receive new email, are you notified?
    08-28-07 12:03 PM
    The 'show all' doesn't even appear. The only options are 'hide application' & 'move application'.... which is why I don't think it's hidden. Yes... I am notified of new SMS/Email. The only way I am able to view them is through the search icon. I'm stumped.
    08-29-07 11:21 AM
    From the main screen
    1) Hold down the ALT key and click the trackwheel
    2) Select "Show All"

(The icon will now show up, but it will be translucent)

3) Scroll over to the icon
    4) Hold down the ALT key and click the trackwheel
    5) Uncheck "Hide Application"
    berryboyindia and chermcd like this.
    11-07-07 07:54 AM
    Thanks for the solution, I have been trying to solve this matter for a long time...
    12-25-07 07:24 PM
    Ditto for the solution and thank you all. This forum ROCKS!!!

I've also have the same problem and all I can do is watch my SMS and MMS numbers kept on going up and unable to picked up the messages.
    12-25-07 08:33 PM
    MANY MANY THANKS!
    i was so frustrated!
    i appreciate so much finding these tidbits!
    and ppl like you!
    <3
    04-11-09 10:27 PM
    You can also seperate sms and emails
    Go into the messages box. Click on the date on top go into options and select general options> sms and email inboxes and select seperate. Hit save and exit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 06:25 PM
    I have tried all of the above and still no luck I switched of my phone and when I switch it back on 'uncaught exception 6>=6' came up and my msg box was missing plz plz plz help me some1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 01:22 PM
    This is happening for me as well. I dropped my phone. The battery fell out, and now my Messages icon AND one of my e-mail accounts icon is missing as well. This is the second time it happens. The first time, I took out the battery a few times and it worked. But I've been trying that for the past hour and it won't work.

None of the above suggestions has helped.
    03-21-10 04:01 PM
    i switched my blackberry off today and my message icon completley dissapered its not hidden and i dont get notifiied when i recieve a text im really needing help!!!! i dont know what to do, ive tried switching it off about 5 times for about 15 mins at a time and still havent had any luck!!!!1 Please Help ME!!!
    04-24-10 08:26 AM
    i need help , my messages icon is missing !
    04-28-10 06:43 AM
    Same Problem! FOUND THE SOLUTION! in my case atleast, my messages were CONSOLIDATED. I went to my MAIN MESSAGES FOLDER. went to the options, general options, and selected "SMS AND EMAIL INBOXES: SEPARATED"

Hope that works
    08-14-10 07:48 PM
    I have bb 9800 this worked for me:
    go to :
    settings
    select Email setup
    validate all accounts
    10-13-10 04:36 AM
    i've done the soft-boot and the alt-track wheel procedure but still no success. i don't think it's hidden. I can't check my sms or email msgs. I'm gettin frustrated. PLEASE HELP.
    I can't get it to work either ~ any more suggestions?
    08-10-11 10:35 AM
    I'm stumped too ~ I've tried everything and it's translucent but I can't get it back. Seriously need suggestions!
    08-10-11 10:45 AM
    I have also tried everything and no luck ~ any more ideas?
    08-10-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD