I downloaded desktop manager v4.6 with roxio media manager.
    When desktop manager is opened, and 8700 plugged in, it reads the device. It shows the PIN of the device and everything reads. When I open the media manager to add pictures and ringtones, roxio doesn't read the device and tells me to plug in blackberry. Does anybody know why this is???
    We have 3 8700 blackberry's in the house, and the other 2 have no problems. Only the 3rd one is giving me trouble. Can anybody please help???
    It won't receive picture messages (MMS) either, SMS goes through fine, but pictures don't.
    Thanks all.

Please copy and paste this e-mail address and reply to me directly...thank you
    ridesoul@hotmail.com
    Last edited by ridesoul; 12-28-08 at 09:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add last line
    12-28-08 08:29 PM
    I have the same phone and it happened to me also. But i found out that the media manager only works with blackberries that have the Micro SD card in them to transfer the data from computer to the phone, and since the 8700r has built in memory the media manager doesn't recognize it.Have you tried the other 2 blackberries to see if the media manager works?
    12-29-08 12:17 PM
    Yes, the other 2 blackberry's have no troubles. I compared the OS info on the phones, and I noticed they are different versions. That is most likely the problem, is there anyway to upload a different version of OS to the phone?
    12-29-08 07:26 PM
    Yes you can get a newer os. Look at the sticky at the top of the 8700 thread. Also look in the news blogs. 4.5.124 is out. I personally am running 4.5.99 on mine right now with no issues. Follow the proper upgrade/downgrade procedure from the tips section and your good. By the way what OS versions are on all the phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 06:24 AM
    My bb has OS v4.5.0.99 (platform 2.7.0.84)
    My g/f isn't here right now, so I don't know her OS version
    My bro's bb has OS v4.1.0.284 (platform 2.0.0.120) ***this is the one giving trouble***
    All 3 are 8700's.
    All phones are locked to rogers network.

I see you are a *bb abuser*, so I'm goin to take your word for it.
    Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by ridesoul; 12-30-08 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added a line
    12-30-08 04:36 PM
    Thanks alot man, worked beautifully, got the same version as what I have on mine, media manager works!!! Thanks again.
    12-30-08 07:11 PM
    Just getting to this posting. If I had seen that it was 4. I could have told you on spot to update..sorry. Glad your up and going again. Welcome to crackberry.
    12-30-08 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD