I downloaded the desktop manager on my pc. When I try to connect it to the media manager is says its not connected. It shows it being connected to the desktop manager. Am I suppose to have an application on my blackberry for it to work? The only application that I have on my phone is the googles map.

I'm new and confused :]
    07-12-08 06:44 PM
    Welcome to CB Amber,

No, you do not need an app installed on the device for it to work, it can just be a finicky program. Are your USB ports 2.0 or the 1.1? The 1.1 ports have reported to be a possible issue with connection problems. Also you need to connect the USB cable directly to the pc and not to a hub.

You can get by without MM, by installing a Micro SD card to your device and enabling Mass Storage. When you connect to the pc, it will show as a removable drive. Then you can just drag and drop the files back and forth.
    07-12-08 07:37 PM
    could there be some kind of problem with my securiy settings?
    07-12-08 08:19 PM
    Possibly. Have you tried to reboot your computer and then sync with the MM?
    07-12-08 08:53 PM
    I'm getting the message UPnP Devices have been detected however this PC is not currently authorized to browse them. Please change the security settings on those devices to authorize this PC
    07-12-08 09:12 PM
    Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings, set Content Protection to Disabled.
    07-12-08 09:29 PM
    I just dealt w/ this today w/ my son's 8700c. My cousin gave him his old 8700c and it had the old firmware on it. I updated to the newest firmware. Then I downloaded the Desktop Manager 4.2.1 from the rim site. With the newest firmware and the older Media Manager, I was able to transfer data and such.

btw: 8700 doesnt work w/ the newest Media Manager. Supposedly it has something to do w/ Roxio,
    07-27-08 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD