How Do I load all my contacts from my 8700c to my sim card cuz eventually the bold is gonna come out and im gonna really need my contacts on the new phone. Plus i dont even use desktop manager ( too confusing) so thats out.
    10-14-08 12:30 PM
    so then the only way is to save each one individually
    go to address book roll over contact hit the menu button click view
    click copy to sim

once you have copied them all there is an easy way to get them on the bold

for real ease of use you should use DM for its device switching method
    10-14-08 12:42 PM
    The SIM card doesn't hold all the information in the address book. You could lose a lot of data trying to transfer using the SIM. You'd be much better off using the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager. If you don't use Desktop Manager, how do you ever back up?
    10-14-08 01:22 PM
    I dont know never have i guess, whats the newest version and where can i download it at. And maybe find some intructions on how to use it. thanks
    10-14-08 02:22 PM
    The SIM card doesn't hold all the information in the address book. You could lose a lot of data trying to transfer using the SIM. You'd be much better off using the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager. If you don't use Desktop Manager, how do you ever back up?
    Let me tell you, I tried to use the pocketMac as a DM for backing up, but it crashes all the time. Even their customer service doesn't know what to do with it. I've wiped it off my system (according to all their intricate details) and reinstalled with no success. I think I am going to have to go the Parallels route and install the DM for windows on the mac. Any other way around it? I wish I could back up like normal people... *sigh*
    10-14-08 02:23 PM
    I dont know never have i guess, whats the newest version and where can i download it at. And maybe find some intructions on how to use it. thanks
    You can download it from RIM's web site, regardless of your carrier. I recommend either version 4.5 or 4.6, English-only, without Roxio Media Manager. That's the fastest download. Download and install it before you plug the device into the USB port. I'm assuming you have a PC. Desktop Manager doesn't run on a Mac.
    10-14-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD