I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the LED Indicator completely? No red flashing or green flashing lights at all. Is that possible?
    09-05-07 02:08 PM
    You can turn off the green coverage light under
    it's under options and screen/keyboard LED Coverage Indicator switch to off
    The LED will still flash red if get a message or if you have the bluetooth on
    09-05-07 02:22 PM
    What if you don't even want the red light?
    09-05-07 03:01 PM
    The red light is when you get messages it stays on for 10 to 15 mins then goes off until you get a new message
    09-05-07 06:27 PM
    Welcome Janet & Wrhfinancial to the forum!

Janet, I've never timed it, but I don't believe the red light flashes that long but still it's a silent red light and wouldn't you want to know if messages are coming in? As time goes by, you will be looking for the red light.

We hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do.

Gia
    09-05-07 06:54 PM
    my 8703e led light just keeps blinking red... i have cleared out all the messages and its still doing it. any thoughts?
    09-06-07 03:51 PM
    Hello ESP,

Just wanted to ask you one question, since I have the exact device you have. In the far left corner you are telling me that there isn't a number 1 with an envelope and all voice mail, even a person that doesn't leave a message will give you the red flashing light, that has been deleted as well?

I know one time I cleared out all the messages and I had the red light still flashing and I found in my call log that someone had called, heard my voice and never left a message. Once I deleted that log, the red light stopped.

Gia
    09-06-07 05:10 PM
    im not sure... my berry has been acting up. i will be switching to an 8830 once october swings around.
    09-06-07 09:15 PM
    Can anybody help me??
    09-06-07 09:42 PM
    I am having a 8830 and just added someone to my BB Messenger list and they sent me a message and i replied back and end the conversation ... but my red light is flashing stil...dont know why... any thoughts??
    09-11-07 10:35 PM
    Check your Requests in BBM and see if there are any pending.

Pull your battery.
    09-12-07 05:40 AM
    @ BlckberryNewbie - Only if you let us know what you need help with.
    09-12-07 08:08 AM
    Can anybody help me??
    ??? The green button sends a call, and the red button ends a call. Hey, it's a start.
    09-12-07 08:25 AM
    i have a blackberry 8100, i have the led flashing set to on. it usually blinks green, but lately its been blinking red...i dont have any new messages....anyone know why?

thanks!
    07-14-08 02:51 PM
    You can turn off the red flashing led indicator in the profile options... The green one is under options screen/keyboard and coverage indicator... Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 08:54 PM
    i have changed all my settings to make this led light stop flashing period. its even on when i cut the phone off , and its not turning any other color but green and it's running my battery down and getting on my nerves. can anyone PLEASEEE help me . ! ! ?
    01-06-09 06:39 PM
    It doesn't run your battery down that much. Have you tried a battery pull? Green is the "Coverage" indicator. Go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and turn the LED Coverage indicator to OFF.

Blue indicates a Bluetooth connection, Red indicates a new message, browser push, BBM, IM, etc...
    01-07-09 09:53 AM
    Can somebody help me becuase my blackberry 8700g is always reboot and after that a red ligth ON and then reboot again...in short icant see my desktop anymore

hope somebody can help me....
    06-16-09 09:58 AM
    Can somebody help me becuase my blackberry 8700g is always reboot and after that a red ligth ON and then reboot again...in short icant see my desktop anymore

hope somebody can help me....
    You need to reload the OS on the device. Look here. BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    06-16-09 11:09 AM
    Thanks for the info on how to turn the green light off on my curve. It was driving me batty. This is a great site for a new blackberry user like me
    08-04-09 08:13 AM
    Go to here: i’m saimatkong Tips - BlackBerry LED Status Light Indicator

It has a very clear explanation.
    03-22-10 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD