Ok, everyone tells me that if I entered the keypad password 10 times incorrect all the data will be wiped out... but i just can't afford to lose all the data in my bb...

does anyone here know that if there is any way i can get around it... since im using an old bb (8707) so i guess there may be a loophole ???

Thanks.
    04-30-10 04:18 AM
    Unfortunately, if you can't remember your password, the only way back in is to let it wipe. You can restore your data from a backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 04:24 AM
    Try this suggestion provided by Forums Moderator JeffH. It's helped others with your issue.

When you originally created your password , you may have unknowingly had the alt or shift key depressed. Since the password entry is masked by *, you could not see what you were typing. You may have thought you were typing wert when you were actually typing 123( , for example. If you have not used up all 10 of your chances, try entering the Alt or shift version of what you think is your password . Battery pulls will not reset the count and give you more chances. When your 10 tries are up, all your personal information will be deleted from the device and the password reset. At that point, you can reload your personal information from a backup.

04-30-10 05:23 AM
    Thanks everyone for your advice, especially to Chrisy.

I only have one attempt left : (

I have been using the same password over the past 3 months without any problem, I don't know why it now keeps saying that the same password that I have entered in the past 3 months is incorrect.

I doubt there may be a problem with my bb... However, I called the BB support and my service provider they all said there is nothing they can do about it.

Is it for sure that no way the I can increase the attempts ?

Thanks.
    04-30-10 05:45 AM
    I haven't tried this personally, but I think I've heard that you can connect your bb to your pc and start up Desktop Manager which will prompt you to enter a password, but you can use the pc keyboard for the input. This is handy in case it is a bad or stuck bb key that is causing the password error.

As I said, I think I remember reading this somewhere, but I don't personally know if it works.

04-30-10 05:51 AM
    Yea, I can enter the pw with the keyboard after i connect my bb with the pc.. however, i only have one attempt left.. that's why I am so desperate to see if there is any way to save my data at all...

to make it clear, my backup in my laptop was in my luggage which is still yet to be found by my airline (it's been a week now) so i really worry that i may lose all the data : (

thanks.
    04-30-10 05:56 AM
    Man! That really stinks! I definitely feel for you. I know of no way to pull off what you are wanting to do, so I'll back out and we'll see if someone else can pull a feather out of their cap. I doubt it, but we can only hope.

04-30-10 06:01 AM
    There's no other way around it. i would try travelingfool's advice and enter the password using the computer keyboard in case there's an issue with your BlackBerry keypad. Let us know what happens.

04-30-10 06:04 AM
    i was just wondering if i enter the pw with my pc and if it's unsuccessful will it still automatically wipe out all the data in my bb?

thanks.
    04-30-10 06:19 AM
    Yes. It counts as one of your attempts.

04-30-10 06:22 AM
    So, kaqua, how did it turn out? Was there cussing and broken dishes involved?

05-04-10 08:20 AM
    It is also possible that you have pressed ALT-ENTER by mistake to switch to a different input locale, resulting in the keyboard layout being completely wrong. Other than trying it, I know of know way of bypassing the password prompt.
    05-04-10 08:21 AM
    i was wondering how it turned out too.

05-04-10 08:31 AM
    eg- i had this problem,don't press the alt or shift key,enter your password & it will show as letters eg 2456 = esdf,press enter VOILA phone unlocked!!!!
    05-11-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD