I've had several pda/smartphones before. The I300 with sprint, the Treo 600 with Sprint also. Then when I went to T-mobile I got a regular Nokia. Switched to an unlocked LG Prada(HATED THIS) so I bought an unlocked 8700g from Tigerdirect. Love this thing!

Does what I need. Nice and loud too. Probably the best speakerphone I've had on a phone yet.

First post FTW!
    04-24-09 09:56 AM
    Welcome to the BlackBerry family! Took you long enough!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:57 AM
    The holster is good for this phone right? I have one on order. I have a silicon case now but think the holster might be a bit better. Then I won't have to remember to lock the keypad right?
    04-24-09 11:19 AM
    Before you buy a holster, make sure one of its features is "Sleep Mode." That means it has the magnet that will allow for your phone to go to "sleep" when you place it in the holster.

04-24-09 12:52 PM
    I've had several pda/smartphones before. The I300 with sprint, the Treo 600 with Sprint also. Then when I went to T-mobile I got a regular Nokia. Switched to an unlocked LG Prada(HATED THIS) so I bought an unlocked 8700g from Tigerdirect. Love this thing!

Does what I need. Nice and loud too. Probably the best speakerphone I've had on a phone yet.

First post FTW!
    hi

how much you did buy it from tigerdirect?, i am gonna to buy one also.
    04-27-09 12:35 PM
    hi

how much you did buy it from tigerdirect?, i am gonna to buy one also.
    $124.99 and there was a special for $1.99 shipping. So less than $130 shipped!

That way I don't need to make any changes to my contract.
    04-27-09 02:49 PM
    The holster is good for this phone right? I have one on order. I have a silicon case now but think the holster might be a bit better. Then I won't have to remember to lock the keypad right?

are not there holster in the box?
    04-27-09 02:57 PM
    It's not really a holster, more like a pouch that comes in the box. A holster is designed to clip onto something (ie your pocket, belt etc), whereas a pouch has no clip on it and really can only be put inside a pocket.

04-27-09 03:01 PM
    Nope, no pouch either. But it came with the travel charger and USB cable.

I got the holster online for $10 and it has the magnet that shuts the screen off. The holster I got from Buy.com is even branded RIM.

It's a great way to hold the phone. I was able to get the car charger and extra travel charger on eBay for 6 dollars shipping included.
    04-27-09 03:43 PM
    It's not really a holster, more like a pouch that comes in the box. A holster is designed to clip onto something (ie your pocket, belt etc), whereas a pouch has no clip on it and really can only be put inside a pocket.

yeah, thanks for you sharing.

i got my first blackberry 8700g yerstoday, it is really wonderfull. i like it very much, i am begining to learning how to use it smoothly.
    04-28-09 02:18 PM
    Nope, no pouch either. But it came with the travel charger and USB cable.

I got the holster online for $10 and it has the magnet that shuts the screen off. The holster I got from Buy.com is even branded RIM.

It's a great way to hold the phone. I was able to get the car charger and extra travel charger on eBay for 6 dollars shipping included.

appreciate that, i am gonna to buy it also.
    04-28-09 02:20 PM
    yeah, thanks for you sharing.

i got my first blackberry 8700g yerstoday, it is really wonderfull. i like it very much, i am begining to learning how to use it smoothly.
    Where did you order yours from?
    04-29-09 12:48 PM
    I have bought my phone 1 month ago , i'm from Viet Nam so my english is not good , can you speak Vietnamese !!

Congratulation.....!!!
    05-11-09 02:01 AM
    Congratulations! I bought mine 8700C about two months ago and I'm really happy about my decision.
    05-14-09 03:58 AM
    welcome to CB!
    05-14-09 02:03 PM
    The holster is good for this phone right? I have one on order. I have a silicon case now but think the holster might be a bit better. Then I won't have to remember to lock the keypad right
    05-14-09 09:45 PM
    The holster is good for this phone right? I have one on order. I have a silicon case now but think the holster might be a bit better. Then I won't have to remember to lock the keypad right
    The holster works well with the 8700. I had a holster when I had my 8700 and loved it. 4 phones later I have never looked to any other holder. Protects the screen and keys and locks in tight.

It was about 4 years ago, but my 8700 came with the holster. They dont ship that way anymore?
    05-14-09 10:07 PM
    I have original, plastic holster for my 8700c. Works perfect, screen is protected well. I could turn it, when I want to sit.
    Of course - holster is not only protection - we can configure BB with / without holster.
    05-15-09 05:53 AM
    they still sell 8700's? lol!
    05-19-09 06:41 PM
    I love the 8700g, but I'm having trouble getting my Wachovia Mobile banking to work on the phone. I downloaded the software, and log in with my user name and password, then the browser locks up. Any idea how to get this to work?
    05-21-09 02:27 PM
    Just got mine this past friday. Traded in a touch screen phone from china... The signal kept going out at home. This is my first blackberry and I'm lovin this phone. Seems like I haven't put it down since I got it.
    05-25-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD