I downloaded the bible on my blackberry but now cant find it. I would like to have a icon on my desktop but dont know how to do that either . HElp im new and stupid

jm
    09-25-08 01:21 PM
    Did you install this software OTA (over the air) or from the Desktop Manager?
    09-25-08 01:29 PM
    over the air
    09-25-08 01:33 PM
    Simply look in the directory you saved it under.
    09-25-08 01:33 PM
    It just downloaded didnt ask for a directory to save it under

jm
    09-25-08 01:36 PM
    Ok I know you said you downloaded a bible to your BB . Did you download the bible reader as well. I only ask because when I installed my bible it had to parts the bible reader and the version of the bible I wanted to view.
    09-25-08 01:38 PM
    It just downloaded didnt ask for a directory to save it under

jm
    Did it ever say it was installing? Normally there's a screen that pops up with asking this. If this didn't come up and you can't find it. Chances are it had issues downloading. Have you tried to download it twice?
    09-25-08 01:39 PM
    Ok I know you said you downloaded a bible to your BB . Did you download the bible reader as well. I only ask because when I installed my bible it had to parts the bible reader and the version of the bible I wanted to view.
    YES! Good point Grit.
    09-25-08 01:40 PM
    Ok yes it did say it was installing and I can find it installed I think when I go to advanced options applications. but No i didnt download a bible reader. the Site was Olive tree site which was recomended here and It seems like a very good site.

thanks
    jm
    09-25-08 01:45 PM
    Yeah , Olive tree is good, its where I got mine from . Here is a link. On the home page you can choose to download their new Bible Reader ( not tried this myself ). Also there is a list of free bibles you can choose from.Mobile Bibles and Bible Study Tools for PDA and Smartphone - Olive Tree Bible Software
    09-25-08 01:51 PM
    So if I go back and down load the reader will I then be able to open the file for the bible

jm
    09-25-08 01:56 PM
    Yes you should. Check out the FAQ on their website.

Also, there's a software for Windows Mobile phones called eSword. AWESOME PROGRAM!! I've asked the developer if he would be willing to write a code for BB. We'll see...oh yeah...it's (and the desktop version) completly FREE!!
    09-25-08 01:59 PM
    yes i think Ive seen esword . I will try to re down load

jm
    09-25-08 02:01 PM
    After reading the Olive Tree info in more detail I have a feeling you may need to delete the Bible from your BB and start again.

First download the new Bible Reader (you can do this OTA). Then dowload the bible you wish to use ( not able to do this OTA). There is full info on how to place the bible in the correct folder on your sd card here

It would appear their new beta Bible Reader allows you to store the actual bible on your memory card rather than the device memory, very handy in my opinion.
    Last edited by gritmaster; 09-25-08 at 02:14 PM.
    09-25-08 02:09 PM
    Ok thanks

jm
    09-25-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD