I just switched to a blackberry for the first time a few weeks ago, it is an 8703e, and have noticed that when people call my phone alot of the time it goes directly to voicemail even if I have good reception. I also receive text messages sometimes a few hours late. I figured out that when this is happening if it make an outbound call then all of a sudden I receive all my messages and everything works fine for a while then right back to not receiving anything. I checked and I do not have it on do not disturb. Please help if you can.
    10-10-08 06:16 PM
    I would call Bell and have them send OTAs to your device. I would also try a hard reset and/or reinstalling the OS again. You will need to download the OS first and then install. At this point you can use JL_CMDER.

Duvi
    10-11-08 11:04 PM
    Also welcome to Crackberry.com

Welcome to the addiction. Smartest decision you could make.

10-11-08 11:05 PM
    thanks for your help. I talked to bell tech support and they said it was because I did't have a data plan so the blackberry searches for data connection and while it keeps doing this I cannot receive anything. They said there is no way of fixing this except by purchasing a data plan. I won't even be using the data plan at all as I want the blackberry for phone and sms and to use as a pda.
    10-12-08 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD