hey ppl.. i just got and unlocked 8700g from ebay.. i noticed that the curreny symbol is for a euro and the buttons Y and Z are swapped... is this an european model? i tried putting my AT&T sim in.. the internet wont work.. it'll remain on lower case edge... same happens when i put my tmobile sim in no browser icon... and i have blackberry data plan on both of my sim cards and yes, the phone is unlocked.

p.s. i tried that AT&T sim with my 8900 curve (unlocked) it works perfectly!
    can someone please help me fix my 8700g?!
    04-17-09 12:01 PM
    After you stick the sim card in you need to go to options/advanced options/host routing table then hit the trackwheel and select register now. That should send service books to your device. I am not sure about the y and z or currency key but you may be correct.
    04-19-09 06:26 AM
    If the phone is unlocked it will accept any valid SIM card. Once unlocked a phone STAYS unlocked so make sure that it really is first. To determine that, do the following:

Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card, then type MEPD. (If all items in display show disabled, itís unlocked.)

If it is unlocked, then make sure your SIM card is still active. If it is a valid SIM it should work in the phone. It should be that simple.

Give it a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 05:42 PM
    found this out the hardway.
    blackberry phones have a different data plan than other phones, so when you put your blackberry in place of lets say a motorola razor, the data plan will not work. you have to go to ATT and upgrade your data plan. be advised it is more expensive due to the amount of data the blackberry phones use.
    04-30-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD