I'm switching to a 8703e (found on ebay for $20), from an 8830 (selling it off while value is still high), for a few weeks til the Tour/9630 appears in best buy... i have already downloaded the 4.5 software from sprint and will upgrade the 8703e when it arrives. what am i in for? how the click wheel work out when typing emails?
    07-11-09 08:09 AM
    You shouldnt have any issues. The one thing that I have noticed is that some people have said it acts a little slow until after a few reboots. I personally prefer the trackwheel over the ball.
    07-11-09 08:19 AM
    You shouldnt have any issues. The one thing that I have noticed is that some people have said it acts a little slow until after a few reboots. I personally prefer the trackwheel over the ball.
    Yeah, the 8703e is a great device. After you load up 4.5 is does run a little slow, but this only lasts until you open up the apps for the first time. I have noticed on mine the battery status does not change from 100% only until you charge from laptop. Not a big deal because I charge it late at night when I am sleep. The form factor is classic and still modern looking. With sprint the EDVO speed is extrmely fast and the email speed from send is like 10-20 seconds. The biggest thing I like is the simplicity of the device and the screen size. When you load 3rd party apps like viigo, poynt, google maps and sync life is beautiful. Also get more ringtones. Another drawback is there is no removable sd card. If I had that I could see myself wit this device for another 2 years. Looks like the 20 dollar deal on ebay is good. I got mine new for 65 and feel like it is one of the best deals going.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD