hey everyone! im new here and i came here for help, i have a blackberry
    8700g and my trackwheel on the side is broken. I can scroll up and down but cant click it in. When i try to send an sms its very hard bc i have to push the trackwheel in with both thumbs as hard as i can for the drop menu to pop up so I can send the message. from what i understand this is non fixable so until i get my curve next week i need someone to please tell me if there is a shortcut key or something that will allow me to send the sms without using that stupid trackwheel.

any suggestions please?
    thanks!
    04-25-08 10:52 AM
    so nobodys gonna help me?
    04-26-08 09:17 AM
    I've been trying it out on my bb and it seems that there is no work around

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 09:44 AM
    There is no workaround for that issue. Hopefully you can deal until you get the Curve, or you may have to bump up the date a bit and get the replacement early.
    04-26-08 12:08 PM
    thanks you all so much! yeah hopefully if bush sends those damn rebate checks I can get on it earlier than what I thought. lol!My thumbs are on the verge of breaking, this was my first blackberry and it will always be my baby but I'm in need of that curve.
    04-26-08 02:44 PM
    hey everyone! im new here and i came here for help, i have a blackberry
    8700g and my trackwheel on the side is broken. I can scroll up and down but cant click it in. When i try to send an sms its very hard bc i have to push the trackwheel in with both thumbs as hard as i can for the drop menu to pop up so I can send the message. from what i understand this is non fixable so until i get my curve next week i need someone to please tell me if there is a shortcut key or something that will allow me to send the sms without using that stupid trackwheel.

any suggestions please?
    thanks!
    i have an old 8700g. scroll to sms and hit the enter key. once you're in msgs, hit the alt then hit the enter and it will bring up your address book. if the number isnt stored, select use once and type in the number.
    04-29-08 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD