There are 5 or 6 icons disappeared on the desktop screen, what's the heck!!! but there are softwares loaded. How do I get the icon back?
    05-06-08 09:54 AM
    From the home screen press menu then show all. Unhide the icons that you want then uncheck the show all.
    05-06-08 10:15 AM
    I did, show all... nothing help...
    05-06-08 01:32 PM
    Not sure but welcome to CB.
    05-06-08 01:37 PM
    Welcome to the family..... You may want to try a battery pull...
    05-06-08 01:40 PM
    I pulled the battery off. It doesnt help. I restored everything from the blackberry Desktop in the computer. It still doesnt help.

I dont understand why icons are disappeared. Hacker goes into my bb???
    05-06-08 01:53 PM
    What you might want to try is this:
    1. Preform a system backup to your PC
    2. Then Wipe your Berry by following this guide:
    a. go to Options on the desktop
    b. then select Security Options
    c. then select General Settings
    d. under this menu is a selection called Services, highlight the ****no services**** and select it with the trackwheel.
    e. go up to and select Wipe Handheld. Understand that when you do this is it will reset the Blackberry to what it would be if you took it right out of the box. You need to back it up first or you will loose all your contacts, calendar, emails, PINS, and anything else you put on the phone!
    f. Once the wipe is finished, restore your backup from the PC and it should be back to normal.

Hope that this helps, I lost the Browser and the Email set up off of my wife's 8830 and this is what I did to restore it.
    05-14-08 11:13 PM
    I just went to my carrier website from my BB & downloaded newer version & icon is back & its works fine...
    06-12-08 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD