Hello,

I have owned my 8703e for about a month now and there are still a couple of features that are driving me crazy. The first is that it does not support HTML emails from what I can tell anyhow and it is really starting to bother me. The second is that I am a BIS user and it does not support iCAL attachments so that I can accept or decline meeting requests.

I did purchase and download some software called vCardMaster that claimed to allow you to accept iCAL attachments, but after installing and running the software it did not work and there technical support gave up after only two emails and refunded me my money. This was not the out come I was hoping for because I still can not accept iCAL attachments. So does anyone have any other ideas?

I then downloaded Empower HTML Mail viewer to try out the software and it did allow me to finally read my HTML mail, but the viewer and its font selection need a little work so it can format the email a little cleaner. So the trial period has run out and before I purchase it I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other software to try out.

Thanks…
    09-10-07 04:52 PM
    Hi SuperFreak,

You may want to try out the trial version of our software: BBSmart Email Viewer.

You can find it here in the CrackBerry store:
    BBSmart Email Viewer - Blackberry

Has lots of other features besides just HTML email display including:
    - Task and Calendar integration
    - SmartNotes (tag your emails with notes)
    - Customizable headers
    - And a whole full-application add-on. Email Templates (aka SmartSay).

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    09-11-07 02:55 AM
    Thank eZainny I will look into it.

Also does anyone know if the 8830 World Edition Phone supports iCAl attachments and has aslo support HTML Mail? I stop by a Verizon store yesterday an the sales rep how no idea.

Thanks Again..
    09-11-07 09:40 AM
    No blackberry's will support html e-mail without 3rd party software. BBSmart Email Viewer is the best out and well worth the $ spent on it.
    09-11-07 10:06 AM
    Thanks for all the help. I just finished installing the software and it is a lot easier to use. So all that is left now is finding a way to open iCAL attachments and I think my BB will be complete.
    09-11-07 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD