i have lost the ability to view my TXT messages as well as messages in my general inbox... verizon has told me that the only way to fix this is via a "hard reset", to me this is not an option. i have about a hundred mp3 ringtones from tuneUSin.com (fantastic site by the way) and i would rather not re download them... i have tryed a "soft" reset by removing the battery, which has worked in the past but now it wont work... if anyone has experianced this problem or knows a workthrough please let me know. feel free to contact me via pin.

-Ferris
    08-06-07 05:25 PM
    First of all, have you made sure that the icon is not just hidden? (ALT CLICK AN ICON, UNCHECK HIDE ICON)

If it is not hidden, then I suggest you try to resend the service books by logging into BIS and clicking the send service books link. Then, pull the battery and see if they show up.

If none of that helps, I don't know what you can do.
    08-06-07 09:14 PM
    how do you send the service books?
    08-06-07 09:51 PM
    Log into your BIS account (Verizon), and do it from there (send service books)...
    08-07-07 07:30 AM
    thanks for the help!
    08-07-07 11:51 AM
    Hey, we talked via pin about this. Did you end up getting it to work?
    08-07-07 12:07 PM
    i was on the phone with vzw for 2 hours last night (not a supprise) and then ended up getting sent over to RIM tech Support, i still have to call them back and troubbleshoot the issue. the sent the service books and host routing table as well as a soft reset but that didnt work at all... even turning off dial from home screen and holding down "M" dosent bring up the messages. something is seriously wrong and im affraid that i might have to trade in for a new unit or do a hard reset and risk having it happen again. thanks for your help though.
    08-07-07 04:33 PM
    Can you backup the data on the device so you could restore it to a new device, or after a hard reset is done?
    08-07-07 04:41 PM
    like usual you can sync contacts and calendar items but i have loads of media that was downloaded directlry to the device... if anyone has a way of backing up mp3 files from the 8703e then im all ears... i also tryed to email them to myself in an attachment but i was un able to figure out how to access them to do that. basically there is no way that i know of to get media data off the phone either through the cable, bluetooth or via sending it in a message.
    08-07-07 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD