and i added the unlimited data plan to my service, and when i go to the att website to register for a new email address it tells me my pin is in use, now how do i go about getting that reset? thanks
    09-03-08 10:15 PM
    you might need to call at&t and they should be able to help you.
    09-04-08 08:44 AM
    I just bought a new one from them and the same thing happened. You need to call their phone activation line-sorry don't have the number just threw away all the paperwork-but if you pop in to any AT&T or just call them they will provide you with the number to activate the phone. Online activation does not work and you are just going to get that annoying message. Good Luck!
    09-05-08 02:36 PM
    ok new update. I was on hold with at&t for 42 minutes for this so enjoy! Apparently, if you were smart enough to start up your device and set up your email accounts all by your genius self you also managed to warp the system into thinking an account has been created for that device at att.blackberry.com The only way out is to call their tech support and have them RESET the user name and password so that you can get in, their number is 1-800-331-0500 Good Luck hombre.
    09-05-08 10:54 PM
    You don't need to call in and have it reset, just go back into personal email setup and make a user name and password so you can log into your BIS profile.
    09-05-08 11:47 PM
    You don't need to call in and have it reset, just go back into personal email setup and make a user name and password so you can log into your BIS profile.
    Actually, that's the main reason for this conversation. The inability of the personal email set up to accept a user name and password to begin with. If we could have logged in to the BIS profile, we would have done so. THAT'S the part that needed resetting. Therefore, it DOES need resetting.
    09-06-08 06:27 AM
    Actually, that's the main reason for this conversation. The inability of the personal email set up to accept a user name and password to begin with. If we could have logged in to the BIS profile, we would have done so. THAT'S the part that needed resetting. Therefore, it DOES need resetting.
    Trust me, I do this for a living, if you set up the email from the phone you get a long generic number as an identifier but no user name and password. That is why when you go to the BIS site from a PC it tells you that there is already an account for that PIN. But, if you go back to personal email set up after the email is set up, it lets you make a user name and password. The only way it wouldn't is if someone had the phone before you and set up a user name and password on it. Try it when you get your next one and let me know.
    09-06-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD