I bought the cable. I have atleast that going for me. I don't know which desktop manager to download and what else I need to do.

I have a 8703e. Please help me out.

Thanks much!!

Lisa
    04-13-09 01:25 PM
    Here for the OS http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/newe...1-110-a-18403/
    Follow the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure. That should get you going. Take your time and be patient. Do not unplug the device until it says it was successful no matter what. It will take about an hour.
    04-13-09 06:00 PM
    you can download both the desktop manager and the latest operating system for your device straight from blackberry.com , just select your region, go to device software. and select your device once you have the device manager on your computer installed just plug it in and it will read the latest o.s for you and install it. quite simple.
    04-13-09 06:02 PM
    So I need to download exactly which Desktop manager and where do I download the Operating System from exactly on the website? I was looking around and I can't find it. I'm soo blonde!!

Thanks much!!

Lisa
    04-13-09 07:14 PM
    That link I gave you. That's a thread for the os. Go there then in the first post there is a link to the os for your device. Download it and save it to wherever you like. After its done downloading go to where you saved it and double click on it. It will now install on your pc. Now go to start/my computer then go to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader. Once there go all the way to the bottom and delete the file named "vendor.xml". After that close out of everything.
    Now go to blackberry.com then click on the support tab. On the next screen on the left click downloads. That brings up another page. On the tabs in the center of the page select desktop and handheld software. Then select dekstop software. You should get desktop manager 4.6 with media manager. Download and install it. After this open desktop manager plug in your device it will say to upgrade. Hit cancel and go to backup. Do a backup. Now disconnect the device close desktop manager and start it again. Plug the device in and allow it to upgrade this time. It will take about an hour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 07:31 PM
    It's the first hyperlink, right? That's where I get the O.S from?
    04-13-09 08:07 PM
    That page won't load when I get to the page after I type in info and stuff.
    I guess the whole blackberry website is having issues..
    Last edited by starsgoblu; 04-13-09 at 08:14 PM.
    04-13-09 08:08 PM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B1F9F62&step=4
    I just tried it and it works for me.Give it another shot.
    For the desktop manager try this link. I did notice that it wasnt working earlier though. Maybe it will be back running soon.
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    04-14-09 06:34 AM
    Very usefull. Thanks!

04-14-09 07:23 AM
    Here for the OS
    Follow the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure. That should get you going. Take your time and be patient. Do not unplug the device until it says it was successful no matter what. It will take about an hour.
    thanks for link
    04-14-09 12:30 PM
    I upgraded it and since I really didn't have anything in my Blackberry it took less than an hour. I backed up everything and did exactly as you said and now it's awesome!!

Thanks sooo much!!

Lisa
    04-16-09 01:56 PM
    Your welcome. Glad your up and running.

04-16-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD