My phone was working fine one minute and not the next. I can scroll over the applications; however I can't press anything! What should I do?
    06-12-08 04:35 PM
    Try a battery pull...Take the battery out for 30 secs and then put it back in.
    06-12-08 04:36 PM
    TRUST me!!! I have done that maybe 100 times. It doesn't work!
    06-12-08 04:37 PM
    hmm...When mine did that I pulled the battery out and it worked on the 4th try. Don't know what else to say...sorry
    06-12-08 04:41 PM
    Can you see the various applications highlight as you scroll over them? If so, it sounds like your scrolling function is working fine. You way when you press the ball nothing happens? Try using the menu key and then try selecting something from there. If that still doesn't work, I'd contact your carrier. Maybe you're still under warranty??
    06-12-08 04:48 PM
    No I bought the phone used. I have tried using the enter key and I have contacted my carrier. It is worse now then what it was before.
    06-12-08 04:49 PM
    desktop manager. see if it recognizes ur phone, back up, wipe, then restore.

see if that works. sorry to hear
    06-12-08 04:50 PM
    I tried to wipe it out. The first time it worked well; however, it still wouldn't let me click on anything, but I did get the welcome screen. The second time all I see is this Icon that takes up the whole screen and it looks like a window with shapes. It is in a circle crossed out. I am so confused!
    06-12-08 04:54 PM
    Good idea hotredhair! A wipe generally cleans up a bunch. If that doesn't work, you may be toast...

You can also try dabbing some rubbing alcohol on the ball - perhaps it's dirty, but it doesn't sound like it, since you are able to scroll around.

Let us know how it turns out.
    06-12-08 04:55 PM
    Yeps she is smart seeing that thats what the 1-800-alltel1 said to do! However it is worse off now
    06-12-08 04:56 PM
    Uh oh.... The little circle with the cross is not a good sign!!!

Did anything out of the ordinary happen to your phone just before this happened?
    06-12-08 04:56 PM
    I tried to wipe it out. The first time it worked well; however, it still wouldn't let me click on anything, but I did get the welcome screen. The second time all I see is this Icon that takes up the whole screen and it looks like a window with shapes. It is in a circle crossed out. I am so confused!
    Oh.... I've seen that one before. It happened recently too. I had never seen it before, and it was scary looking. It happened after I wiped following a failed effort to upgrade to the newest beta OS. I thought I was a goner. But then the old familiar hour glass came back up.

Sounds like you have an OS problem perhaps. Maybe try reloading an older (or newer) version OS??
    06-12-08 04:57 PM
    It says I have an OS on it. (4.2) But it really doesn't act like it. How do I try to load another OS on it? Nothing weird happened before it decided to do this!
    06-12-08 05:00 PM
    Do you guys use the USB Pin to connect with instead of the CON? My friend normally helps me but he is new to blackberry too. Even though it says it is disconnected it says it is erasing. Is this normal?
    06-12-08 05:03 PM
    It says I have an OS on it. (4.2) But it really doesn't act like it. How do I try to load another OS on it? Nothing weird happened before it decided to do this!
    You can go to your carrier's website and they should have it available for download. Or, if you can't find it there, google it. RIM's site has links to all of the major carriers, and you can find it that way too.

Before you go to a different OS, you might want to simply download and try to reinstall your current OS. I'm not sure, but that might "fix" any problems with it. Then, when you connect with DM again, it should repair any problem. If that doesn't work, and if you try another OS, when you hook up to DM after installing the new OS, DM should notice and install the new OS on your handset.

Good luck.
    06-12-08 05:16 PM
    Do you guys use the USB Pin to connect with instead of the CON? My friend normally helps me but he is new to blackberry too. Even though it says it is disconnected it says it is erasing. Is this normal?
    I use USB only. Never seen it say "erasing." You're talking about what it says on the screen of your PC, correct?
    06-12-08 05:17 PM
    I use USB only. Never seen it say "erasing." You're talking about what it says on the screen of your PC, correct?
    well thats what it says on when i am clearing the blackberry
    06-12-08 05:28 PM
    yes - when you are doing a wipe - your handset should say erasing. Sorry - I thought you were talking about what it said on your PC.
    06-12-08 05:34 PM
    Do you know how to erase the OS and everything?
    06-12-08 05:38 PM
    Do you know how to erase the OS and everything?
    You can't really "erase" the OS. However, you can reinstall. It will all be done on your PC. Nothing gets done directly on your handset.

Start by figuring out which device software you have on your DM. Go to about help/about/device software. That will tell you what you have installed. Since you are not on AT&T (at least I don't think you are), I'm not sure what specific version is your most current. You can get that from your carrier's website. Download the OS for your particular handset, and then install. (Make sure your DM is closed when you do this.)

Then, after the OS for your device is installed, then open DM and connect to your handset. The DM should then tell you that an upgrade is available and ask you if you want to proceed. If you just reinstall the same OS you already have, I'm not sure what it will say, sorry.

I'm wondering whether you have the device software on your DM at all. Many many people don't. Read the posts and you will see lots of people talking about a message they get that says no other applications found... that pops up when you are trying to install a 3rd party application when you don't have the device software installed properly.

This actually makes it sound harder than it is. You can do it!
    06-12-08 05:45 PM
    Thank You For Your Time And Patience!!! Don't Ask Me How I Did It, But It Is Now Working!!! Thanks!!!
    AWESOME! Glad to hear it!
    06-12-08 05:46 PM
    OMG You won't believe it, but I am honestly locked out AGAIN! I don't have that horrible icon. I am taking the battery out alot any ideas? IS there a lock I don't know about?
    06-12-08 06:03 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. Even if there were, a wipe should have taken care of it.
    06-12-08 06:10 PM
    Guys I still need help in unlocking my phone! I am glad to see that one screen gone, but I am still locked out!!! Please HELP!!!!
    06-12-08 07:05 PM
    Have you tried looking to see whether your DM has your device OS on it?
    06-12-08 07:09 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD