Hello and TIA!

I have a BlackBerry 8703e. I am having a small issue, and I thought you guys might be able to help me. I just sent myself a ringtone via email. Saved it to the ringtones folder. I set it to go off once whenever I receive an SMS message. Here's the scenario:

Let's say I receive a text message while the phone is in my pocket. I take the phone out of my pocket and unlock it, and the ringtone is still playing! Does anyone have an answer to that? The ringtone is about 20 seconds, but I thought it would interrupt and stop it in the middle.

If anyone could help me that would be great!

Thanks!
    Paul
    06-26-08 06:50 PM
    Yes when you take it outta your pocket slam it on the ground. There that should fix it. Seriously when you downloaded the ringtone the person that made it thought it should be that long and that is why it is so long.
    06-26-08 06:59 PM
    it should stop when you open the message i would use an alert instead a simple ding or short notifier i did the same and set a mp3
    for the tone and unless you really like to hear a whole song every time you get a message this can get annoying
    06-26-08 06:59 PM
    Yes when you take it outta your pocket slam it on the ground. There that should fix it. Seriously when you downloaded the ringtone the person that made it thought it should be that long and that is why it is so long.
    Lol, I found a solution. I made the ringtone shorter, but I have it play three times. That way it stops after the last tone.

Paul
    06-26-08 07:01 PM
    mine does the samething...same phone and all...I had my old one replaced due to damage. it turn the ringtone off as soon as i rolled the bar or hit a key on the pad, the new one doesnt stop playing until the ringtone is over with...try downloading in wav file and mp3..no change...any ideas?
    08-27-08 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD