I have just got my hands on a used bb 8700g to see if i needed a bb - 6 weeks later, I have to ask myself, how did I live without it! i now need to sync it with my PC but don't have any disks. can anyone talk me through what I need to do and give me any links.
    thanks
    01-21-09 10:56 AM
    Go to BlackBerry

You can download the software there for the Desktop Manager
    01-21-09 11:06 AM
    Thank you for getting me to the bb site, i have downloaded the desktop manager and can sync - i now can send emails, which i was able to do. i get a message saying - ' no message services configured. you will only be able to save drafts' huh! what do i do?

Also on google maps it tells me i need network access and needs permission to send and receive data, again what do i do.

i feel like the new boy her. sorry
    01-22-09 04:06 PM
    Are you saying that it worked before and that the desktop manager ruined everything?

Assuming data is switched on, and you see a little blue arrow (top right) when you try to connect...

If you were using blackberry email before then you will have to request from the network provider some settings. These are sent directly to your phone and there is a website for this purpose. The address depends on your oem provider and normally required a contract.

If you were using some other email before then please post the details for a manual fix.
    These do not need a contract.
    Last edited by flop; 01-22-09 at 04:50 PM.
    01-22-09 04:44 PM
    Hi Flop, yep the desk top manger has ruined the whole lot. I can have incoming email but no out going. i also have lost my browser icon and can't get on the web!

I am on a simplicity tariff with o2 which has unlimited bb usage - not sure if that helps your thoughts?
    01-22-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD