Hey everyone, I bought a used BB 8700c on Ebay the other day and it should be here Wednesday.

I was just wondering what I need to do to set it up, I'm only getting the data cable, no software....

I know i need BB desktop, does that also contain the drivers for my BB??

What are the steps I should take to get this thing running clean (I want to do a factory reset as well)

thanks again!

Jim
    03-24-08 10:34 PM
    As far as I know all you need to do is DL the desktop mgr program. Mine came with it and it was sooo easy to set up. Oh and welcome to CB. You have come to the right palce
    03-24-08 10:41 PM
    As far as I know all you need to do is DL the desktop mgr program. Mine came with it and it was sooo easy to set up. Oh and welcome to CB. You have come to the right palce
    Hehe, thanks alot, Im still learning alot around here!

Which desktop mgr version should I d/l?? they have ver 4.3, 4.2 SP2, 4.2 SP1, etc......

I dont know which to get!

Thanks alot!

Jim
    03-24-08 10:43 PM
    i DOWNLOADED THE LATEST BLACKBERRY VERSION OF THE DESKTOP MANAGER BUT WITH ONE PROBLEM. I GOT MY BLACKBERRY LAST SEPTEMBER AND I STILL JUST DONT GET HOW TO USE THE DESKTOP MANAGER ... AT ALL. ESPECIALLY WITH THE OL SCHOOL 8700C THAT I HAVE. I HAVE DOWNLOADED GAMES AND THEMES FROM SITES LIKE BBTHEMES AND PINSTACK BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY END UP AND HOW TO GET THEM TO MY BLACKBERRY. ITS BRUTAL.

i NEED DESKTOP MANAGER FOR NEWBS.
    I NEED CLIFF NOTES
    I NEED A TUTOR
    I NEED THE I DIDNT GRADUATE COLLEGE VERSION HELP. LOL

ALSO ALOT OF TIMES THEY COME COMPRESSED AND I HAVE TO UNZIP THEM AND I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO THAT.
    04-01-08 04:50 PM
    Definetly get 4.3. I was using 4.2.2 and I started having all kinds of problems. 4.3 rocks!!
    As far as installing themes and stuff, just unzip them by right clicking the zip file and select unzip. Then open DM and select add programs. If it's compatible wit your device then it will install. To install ringtones and wallpapers use the Media option in the DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 05:48 PM
    To wipe the handheld (factory reset) go to otions, security options > General settings > hit menu key and select wipe handheld.

The Desktop Manager can be downloaded from here:-

BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
    04-04-08 05:59 PM
    I recently got an used blackberry 8700g and i have NO CLUE how to set it up so that i can get information to and from my laptop. Help?!
    04-04-08 09:01 PM
    I recently got an used blackberry 8700g and i have NO CLUE how to set it up so that i can get information to and from my laptop. Help?!
    Go to my t mobile and click on software updates and download desktop manager and the appropriate os. You have to downlod dm first then the os
    04-04-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD