Hi,
    I'm having trouble linking my blackberry to my desktop manager. The desktop manager is saying that I don't have the proper software to link my phone to my computer. I just got a phone with updated software so now it doesn't match! I have the 8703e v.4.2.1.106 Can anyone help me?!
    I really need to get my password finder and blackberry messenger running! Thank you!!
    -Cat
    05-06-08 01:36 PM
    what's the version of ur D M?
    try the new DM 4.3
    05-07-08 03:38 AM
    okay, So i Downloaded the newest Desktop Manager but it still doesn't work!!
    It keeps saying that my desktop manager does not have the service for my Blackberry Device Software and to contact my wireless provider. When I call them they tell me go on blackberry.com. I don't know what the answer is!!! HELP!!!
    05-16-08 04:02 AM
    Cat-
    Hate to tell you this but Verizon locked out the 8703e from using the Blackberry Messenger. Yet another wonderful V Cast feature that they try and sock you with. As for the Password finder, I know that my wife's 8830 has it and is functional. If it doesn't work out for you with the 8703e, you might want to consider upgrading to the 8830. That is of course if you don't mind forking out the ridiculous extra money and dealing with a much smaller and less functional keypad....
    05-20-08 05:02 AM
    Thanks afnstech...
    I guess I'll just have to work something out with Verizon.
    This totally stinks!
    Also, does anyone have asurion here?! THEY STINK!
    this all wouldn't have happened if they had just sent me my exact phone!!!
    okay... needed to vent!
    05-22-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD