Hi all,
    I don't use my 8703e any more and want to pass it along to my wife. I own the unit but it was previously passworded by my IS Dept. as it was connected to my company BES.
    I'm going to contact them on Monday to ask them how disable the password altogether but I'd like to do it now if possible. I know it will be a pain for my wife to use it that way.
    Meanwhile if someone can tell me how to disable the password I'd appreciate it. When I go to the Security Options it shows as enabled but won't let me disable it.
    Thanks for any info.
    Gary
    07-05-08 03:46 PM
    Have you considered just wiping the whole phone.
    07-05-08 03:47 PM
    Sorry forgot to mention...I did a wipe. It there some sort of really low level wipe that will totally take everything off?
    G.
    07-05-08 03:49 PM
    Hi algae,

Wiping the Berry will not remove the IT policy. In order for your work to remove it, they will have to activate it to the BES again and push down an unrestricted IT policy.

OR

You can follow the steps here.

hth,

e.n.
    Last edited by el_novato; 07-05-08 at 07:34 PM.
    07-05-08 07:17 PM
    Worked great! Thanks!
    G.
    07-05-08 10:51 PM
    I found this information on one of the other fifty or so threads on this topic and thought I would share the wealth.

Go to: Options/Memory. Turn off Memory card support.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Go to Password.
    The tab should now be selectable to disable the password.
    Click disable.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Click on Memory.
    Select Memory card support "on".
    Save.
    You will now be prompted to enter the password for the final time in your life!
    Exit back to the main screen and try it out, lock unlock, no password!!!

Have a beer.

Thanks to all of the hard-working crack-addicts who were born with the ability to type this information for us to find here.
    11-27-09 10:35 PM
    I found this information on one of the other fifty or so threads on this topic and thought I would share the wealth.

Go to: Options/Memory. Turn off Memory card support.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Go to Password.
    The tab should now be selectable to disable the password.
    Click disable.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Click on Memory.
    Select Memory card support "on".
    Save.
    You will now be prompted to enter the password for the final time in your life!
    Exit back to the main screen and try it out, lock unlock, no password!!!

Have a beer.

Thanks to all of the hard-working crack-addicts who were born with the ability to type this information for us to find here.

I always visit crackberry when I'm having issues but never sign up to comment on these forums... but this was so helpful, I HAD TO COMMENT! WOOW! Honestly you just saved my life, for the past 3 days I've had to type in a passcode every minute, as much as I'm on my phone it was killer! I tried everything anyone else suggested, including wiping my handheld completely. All that work for one simple little thing. wow. thank you so much. im so so so thankful!
    01-05-10 02:46 AM
    I tried this for my 8900 curve and it didn't work for me.
    06-10-10 03:18 PM
    I tried this on my 9530 Storm and it didn't work for me.

My Options/Password option is set to Enabled with a lock image to the right. I really hate to have to type a password everytime the phone is idle for more than a minute.

Any other ideas?

<Todd />
    07-17-10 03:37 PM
    Does not work on 8520 Curve's either. There is a red padalock next to Enable password and no way to disable it. Argh!
    08-19-10 08:40 AM
    If there is a small red lock icon beside the password enable setting, it means you have an IT Policy controlling your device and mandating the password. That's typical of an employer-provided device on a BES. You should not see that on a personal device, unless you bought it used and the previous owner did not remove the IT Policy, or you are using an app that installs an IT Policy.

If yours is an employer-provided phone, you won't be able to do anything about that. If you remove the policy, it'll just be reapplied the next time you log in, and you could get in serious trouble for violating security. If you bought the phone used and it came with an IT policy, you can probably remove it using this procedure, created by Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.

I'm not familiar with the steps that were posted above, but they appear to address a problem other than an IT Policy.
    08-20-10 09:21 PM
    Thanks ProBuilt. Worked on my 9630 perfectly.
    08-22-10 12:30 PM
    Hi all,
    I don't use my 8703e any more and want to pass it along to my wife. I own the unit but it was previously passworded by my IS Dept. as it was connected to my company BES.
    I'm going to contact them on Monday to ask them how disable the password altogether but I'd like to do it now if possible. I know it will be a pain for my wife to use it that way.
    Meanwhile if someone can tell me how to disable the password I'd appreciate it. When I go to the Security Options it shows as enabled but won't let me disable it.
    Thanks for any info.
    Gary
    Using crackutil software. After installed, just 1 click to removed IT policy, your BB will be wiped and loosing all data and soft instaled. So back-up inadvance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 07:11 PM
    I was able to remove the IT policy through BB Desktop Manager on my Torch 9800.
    Help (top right corner ?) -> Support Resources -> Support Tools -> Reset to factory settings.
    BB desktop Software version 6.0 Bundle 1907

now if i just would be able to unlock it, that would be great, down to 6 tries left
    03-10-12 01:06 AM
    bb desktop software very helpful
    02-27-15 06:20 AM
    bb desktop software very helpful
    02-27-15 07:52 AM
    3 year dead thread. Congratulations.
    02-27-15 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD