Hi there, I used to have a BB7200 (Rogers Canada) and and I recently just received a 8703e (Telus Canada). So I transfered all of the information from my old blackBerry to my new one (with BB desktop manager) which worked fine but now there's 2 old email accounts that I am trying to get rid of on my new BB that came from the old BB. Yes, I can hide the icon from the main screen but If I send an email, it automatically wants to send it from the "old email address?" When I go to the "email settings icon" to add or remove emails, the 2 old accounts don't show up so I can't delete them from there, only the new email accounts that I have recently added have the option? Is there somewhere deeper in the settings that I have to go to delete those 2 email accounts? I just can't seem to find it, It's driving me nuts and is causing quite an inconvenience. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I am a newbie on "CrackBerry.com and I love it! hats off to this site and all of it's members. Don't know what I would do without it!

Cheers,
    10-06-07 09:06 PM
    Service book might work. See if you have it listed, which I'm sure you do...
    fass and franchise22 like this.
    10-07-07 12:36 AM
    Chinesecatt is right. Go to options / advanced options / service book / check for the respective account name, then press menu / delete...
    fass likes this.
    10-07-07 05:02 AM
    Thanks a lot guys. That's exactly what the problem was, it was listed in my service book. God Bless this site! Lol...

Thanks again.
    10-07-07 09:22 AM
    I just did this, not really knowing what I was doing, and now my e-mail settings icon is gone. How can I make it reappear? I bought my bb used and I am getting the previous owners e-mails and they are making me crazy! I am uber new at this and need help.

Thanks,
    Shannon
    03-03-08 04:42 PM
    Service book might work. See if you have it listed, which I'm sure you do...

Thanks for the good info... I was dealing with this issue for a while and now I don't have to any more.
    04-02-08 05:12 PM
    what about an getting back an old email address that was associated with my old blackberry? i upgraded to a curve and it wont let me use my old email address. it keeps saying its already taken and i have to choose a new one.
    04-02-08 10:47 PM
    you need to contact your provider for that one, its it probably associated with your old PIN
    04-02-08 10:51 PM
    Chinesecatt is right. Go to options / advanced options / service book / check for the respective account name, then press menu / delete...
    Sweet tip.
    03-16-09 12:19 PM
    I can't believe it was that easy. I was racking my brain as well trying to get rid of this other guys blackberry.net email address. Thanks to those that knew for posting the answer.
    08-02-09 08:15 AM
    Thanks gang, I also rid myself of spam encrusted email addresses with this simple fix.
    09-02-09 12:58 PM
    the servic e is gone, but still have the old icon, not been able to delete it, what can I do??
    09-19-09 09:56 AM
    I bought a second hand BB Bold a while back. I'm only now trying to delete the previous owners email account. I've taken your advice and have gone into Advance Options>Service Book> and have deleted the account there... But when I try to set up a new account it says that one already exists for this phone... I re-enter the PIN and the IMEI ... and get the same response. What do I do? Someone? Anyone?
    10-08-09 11:17 PM
    I deleted an old email account through the service book. When I go back to the advanced options settings under service book I don't see this account, but I'm still getting message from the old account.. how can I delete the account so I dont receive these emails?

Thanks
    10-28-09 01:21 PM
    Sweet tip.
    very well put, thanks alot
    11-27-09 11:03 PM
    Ok..heres my problem...my blackberry pearl (i have verizon so NO sims card) went on the blink..just wouldn't work anymore so my brother in law gave me his that he wasn't using. I can't figure out HOW to get rid of his existing email account and add mine and I can't figure out WHY i don't have the option to MMS
    12-19-09 10:04 PM
    I have deleted the old email account but when I go onto the email setup, it only allows me to setup a work email and doesnt give me the option of my personal email. Anyone help?
    02-13-10 05:20 AM
    just type your regular email name and everything into the work setup and it will promt you after that. I did that once with a metro 8330 because there was no personal setup option. It came up after that.
    02-18-10 09:00 AM
    Nice! I just got my second BB ever and this tip came in super handy.
    03-11-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD