Hi there...

I'm a new (and very happy) 8700g owner, and I was wondering if there was a way to organize my icons without switching to a list-based theme. I like the look of icon-based themes better, but I can't find a way to organize it the way I'd like. Am I being a moron, or do I need to suck it up and use a list?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Heather_Dawn; 09-23-07 at 11:26 PM.
    09-23-07 11:23 PM
    Hi Heather - Welcome to CrackBerry!

You should be able to organize your icons -
    from the icon screen, choose the icon you want to move or hide / press in on the scroll wheel / select move or hide /
    That way you only have to display the icons you want and in the order you want.
    Hopefully that helps.
    09-24-07 12:04 AM
    Thanks MiniBB! That did it!
    09-24-07 05:42 AM
    I'm having trouble with the instructions above. I have the 8703e and whenever I press in the scroll wheel, I do not get a menu, I open the program. Can I do this with the 8703e?
    10-03-07 03:00 PM
    Have the same problem, would love to know how to do it too!
    10-03-07 04:36 PM
    I used to have an 8703e - now I have a Curve, so I'm going by memory.

Maybe the press needs to be a longer press, rather then a quick click?
    10-03-07 06:15 PM
    You have to push Alt then the wheel!
    10-03-07 06:17 PM
    Thanks Berry!!
    Guess I am having my own memory leak...
    10-03-07 06:22 PM
    Thats great news.

You would think that there would be standard methods to do would I would call "maintenance" type procedures like moving icons around no matter what type of BB you have. Instead, we are left to find out for ourselves.

Having worked for a software development firm some time ago as a front line help desk person for just over 6 years, my job was to resolve my client's problem and to document steps necessary for a resolution. All this information was inputed into our knowledge base database for future reference not only by company staff but clients alike.

I think I will start documenting these undocumented features and make this document available to fellow crackberry members.
    10-03-07 08:04 PM
    You have to push Alt then the wheel!
    After I posted my question, I played with it some more and found out how using the Alt, then the scroll wheel. Thanks for all the help.
    10-04-07 07:27 AM
    YES!!! i've been wondering how i can get some of these unused icons of my screen...THANKS!!!
    10-05-07 11:20 PM
    Cool. I've trying to figure this one out
    10-08-07 03:28 PM
    how do you move them on the 8830??? alt and scroll doesnt do it...
    11-28-07 11:44 AM
    I can't completely remove mine, they just have a ghost like image of the icon.
    FM
    12-13-07 03:31 PM
    I did a hard reset and that removed them.
    Maybe it's a soft reset?
    But anyway I removed the battery a minute or so and rebooted.
    Unused Icons gone!
    FM
    12-13-07 03:40 PM
    I can't completely remove mine, they just have a ghost like image of the icon.
    FM
    They have a ghost image because you haven't told it to not "Show All". The same menu that comes up when you push Alt+Click Scroll wheel, should have a selection that reads "Show All". Hit that and the ghosted/hidden icons will go away.
    12-13-07 05:34 PM
    i really needed this as well thanks
    12-13-07 10:50 PM
    Omg this post is a god send, I've been trying to figure this out for months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-07 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD