So is it possible to connect to the internet with out wifi just with a cord or something?????
    11-19-07 02:02 PM
    your supposed to be able without cord, wirelessly, with the browser? or are you not on a plan?
    11-19-07 03:14 PM
    You can use your connection from your BB on your pc or laptop using the data cable.
    Wht do you mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-07 03:31 PM
    I have no data plan
    i was wondering if you had connection at home if i could use my blackberry on it while at home?
    tell me if it makes no sense.
    11-21-07 03:44 PM
    I think I know what you're saying...but no, hooking up your BB to your computer with a data cable will not let you browse on your BB. It only works the other way, with your computer browsing from your BB.
    11-21-07 07:29 PM
    That is ridiculous oh well thanks anyway but is there a way to get wifi for your BB?
    11-22-07 05:30 PM
    Sure, if your BlackBerry has WiFi. No 87xx's have WiFi. Sorry. You need a data plan.
    11-25-07 07:44 PM
    I think I know what you're saying...but no, hooking up your BB to your computer with a data cable will not let you browse on your BB. It only works the other way, with your computer browsing from your BB.
    So you're saying that you can use your blackberry as a modem? I do this with my cell phone sometimes but I've never tried it with the BB. Please clarify. Thanks.

Frantz
    11-26-07 05:28 PM
    Yes Turbo. You can use ur BB as a modem by tethering it with your computer. You need to signup for a plan with your carrier though as they will require you to DL a special program onto ur computer to allow tethering to work.
    11-26-07 05:44 PM
    no i was talking about using my computer as a modem for my BB
    12-17-07 01:22 PM
    no i was talking about using my computer as a modem for my BB
    May I ask why you would want to do this? If you are already at the pc, why not use it instead?
    12-17-07 04:25 PM
    might be d dumb question, but this thread has me curious...so if you have the unlimited data plan on your BB, and no internet provider or access on your PC. connecting your BB to your PC will allow you to use the computers internet via your BB data plan? is that what you are referring to as tethering?
    12-17-07 04:43 PM
    Trevor: I don't have a data plan. my parents wont pay for it but with 8 people in the house I cant always be on the PC itself.
    Bosslady:I don't have a data plan!!!!!
    12-18-07 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD