Today my 8703 was working fine until I drove out of my normal area (I have no idea if this is related to my problem). I tried to make a phone call and my 8703 malfunctioned. Here is the scenario:

From the desktop(I guess that is what you call it) I used the scroll wheel and scrolled to my email icon. Then I pushed the scroll wheel and for some reason insted of going to my email, it goes to the phone screen. Then I pushed the return button and the #'s 14 show up. Then I push the scroll wheel and #* shows up. It seems as though the scroll wheel and side buttons are not working correctly now. I called Sprint tech support and the only advice they gave me was to take it in to a Sprint store.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Justin
    05-01-08 09:42 PM
    Often symptoms such as that is a indication of liquid or moisture damage to the BB or the keyboard. Has there been any?

A good blowing out with some canned compress air around the keyboard might be good as well if there is any lint, etc., underneath.
    05-01-08 09:44 PM
    It has never been wet or been subjected to moisture. It is only 3 months old and has been working flawlessly until today.

Justin
    05-01-08 09:52 PM
    JSanders, you hit the nail on the head...sprbxr the question is, has it had any liquid damage that you KNOW of?

It could be just something screwy going on, but I've never seen a phone that had those symptoms that didn't have some sort of liquid damage.

Also, a lot of steam can cause liquid damage. You can always try backing it up the doing a hard reset, but tech support is right, probably need to take it into a service and repair store.
    05-01-08 10:01 PM
    I repeat, It has NEVER had any moisture, ever. It has never been out of my possession since I got it from Sprint.
    05-01-08 10:09 PM
    Then try the a hard reset by calling tech support and asking for the MSL. Then dial ##786 and the green phone button.

Just make sure you back up your phone. If this doesn't work, just gonna have to take it to a service and repair center.
    05-01-08 10:15 PM
    Knowing you have not had moisture contact AND NOT having had moisture contact are two different things.

If I had a dollar for every one who said their BB had not gotten wet... I would buy you a new one tonight, full retail.

While that might not be the issue--what you described is the most common sympton for our answers here.

Dust? Lint? Maybe. Do you keep your BB in your pocket (gasp!) un-protected?
    05-01-08 10:21 PM
    I didn't think of high dust...living in Phoenix, I see phones that have dust in them with these sorts of issues however I haven't seen one to this extreme.
    05-01-08 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD