I instructed my brother-in-law to put on the itunes theme for the 8700 series (att). It was downloading and kept downloading he said for a half hour. So it locked up. I thought he may have been out of memory but he has a card.

Then he took out the battery per my instructions. He left it out for ten minutes. Put it back in, and unbelievably, stayed on the timer.

I don't know what to do, and while I don't think I feel responsible, I suggested he do it, so I do.

Can you help. Here are the ideas I have. (He has BES for Constellation Energy if that makes any difference)

1. As a last resort we would wanna reset the whole device right. But with a BES, wouldn't his IT dept need to get involved?

2. Could we put desktop Mgr on his home computer, goto the application loader, see if in fact the theme is listed and remove it?

3. God, let this be the answer. Is there (and I think there is) a way of hitting 2 buttons simultaneously that will reset the BB more than taking the battery out, but less than the full blackberry reset

Thanks so much for reading and any help you can give
    11-17-07 12:05 AM
    It's possible that it might come back if you give it some more time. However, you may end up having to do this:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
    11-17-07 12:52 AM
    It's possible that it might come back if you give it some more time. However, you may end up having to do this:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
    while I don't think I can text him now, would the best chance of it repairing itself overnight be by leaving the battery in or out?

And John, there aren't any 2 buttons that do a soft reset? And if we have to do that reset, isn't there one button. I remember I did one to my 8700 and I don't *believe* (I like those * you use better than " ) I used that Jl Commander. No other way. Or did you give me that because he has a BES
    11-17-07 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD