I am currently having problems with my Blackberry 8700c. My company uses a BES and is running an Exchange 2003 Server.

For some reason when I receive meeting requests on my blackberry, it does not prompt me to accept or decline the meeting. It automatically accepts it and the meeting is shown on my calendar. However, if I am at my computer, I can accept or decline meeting requests there. What's going on?

My second problem is on my Outlook calendar I may have two overlapping calendar appointments. However on my blackberry, it sometimes only shows one appointment.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.
    06-06-07 03:20 PM
    On the 8700, before version 4.2.* (go to options / about) it does NOT give you an option for 'accept' or 'decline'. Albeit, it should NOT automatically accept...

I wonder if deleting the CICAL (options / advanced options / service books / Desktop [CICAL]) would fix it? Might have to speak with your I.T staff...
    06-06-07 03:39 PM
    The version of Blackberry software I am running is version 4.1.0.194. I believe I was mistaken on the Calendar. My Blackberry seems to show tentative appointments as well as regular appointments. So I thought they were being accepted when they weren't.

I'm trying to get this calendar synchronization to work, but I am having difficulty. I deleted the CICAL file and had IT support resend the service book information. When that didn't seem to work, I turned off wireless synchronization for my calendar, deleted all of my calendar entries, resync it using my computer, then turned on wireless synchronization.

Now my Blackberry calendar looks fine, but my Outlook Calendar has a problem. For recurring appointments, there are now multiple copies of the same recurring appointments. There maybe two to six copies of the same recurring appointment on the same days. Non-recurring appointments are fine. Some of the recurring appointments also display the timezone information now.

Taking a further look, I found that some of my recurring appointments do not appear on my Blackberry. I decided to go through Outlook and manually delete and recreate my recurring appointments. All of the new appointments appeared correctly on my Blackberry. Maybe some of the old recurring appointments were bad because last year we updated our Exchange Server.

Anyway I wanted to thank you for your help.
    06-08-07 04:59 PM
    ps: on the recurring appointments that DON'T show on the BlackBerry, do they have a limit set? There is an option when creating a recurring reminder to say, "remind for X occurances"...
    06-08-07 06:05 PM
    No limits were set for the recurrence. They should recur until the day I die, and then some.
    06-08-07 06:17 PM
    LMAO - well note sure why some don't show up...
    06-08-07 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD