This may be a very silly question. But is there any way to display the company name of the caller for incoming calls? The matter is very crucial for me. Because when I my BB 8700 displays “David” as the caller, I feel simply lost. Whether this is the “David” from “company-X” or the “David” from “company-Y”.
    I feel so frustrated. Is there anyone who can help me?
    11-19-08 12:37 AM
    THe only way that I can think of would be to modify the Address Book Entries of the people concerned. Thus:

David would become "David CorpA"
    Another david would become "David CorpB"

I have a similar situation and I always enter the last name of the entry so I remember them that way. I know that David Smith works for ABC Corp. and that David Brown works for Aston Martin.
    11-19-08 01:14 AM
    Thanks a lot. This is one option I have thought of. Actually i was applying the same method in my old siemens set. But I still can't help my frustration since I had better hopes on Blackberry. A smartphone like BB should have had the option to display the 'company name' field.
    11-19-08 04:40 AM
    Know what you mean but since they were originally sold to companies, most calls came internally i.e. all from teh same company.

The BlackBerry has a long way to go before it has all the minor confguration options that everyone wants.
    11-19-08 05:23 AM
    I fully agree with you. I thank you very much for your instant replies. Because if you hadn't told me I still would have been killing my time in the endless search for the solution of this problem.
    11-20-08 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD