Hey guys, I just joined the site hoping to get addicted to my blackberry again.

I have one for the Telus network in Alberta and with work, I have been switched to Bell Mobility.

I want to reset my phone and get it reactivated so it will work on my new bell account.

Anyone know how I should start? I know bell accepts the phone because I was contemplating buying it when I got my new contract
    03-04-07 10:27 AM
    Do a reset to clear off all old data: OPTIONS / Security Options / General Settings / click thumbwheel and choose wipe handheld...

Also, are you connecting it to a BES, or just POP3? Make sure no I.T. Policies are on it - OPTIONS / Security Options / General Settings / look in the IT Policy section...
    03-04-07 10:34 AM
    I will take a look at that when I get home, I know absolutly nothing about what you asked me so I dont know what I am connecting it to.

I would assume it has something to do with the over phone internet, but I mostly want to get it working then play with it. I know I can connect to my computer still.

After I have it reset, I am not sure how I will program it to run on the bell network and use my old phone number, I doubt I can walk into one of their stores and say, hey I have a phone from one of your competetors but I want to run it on your network, can you program it for me?
    Last edited by thecosworth; 03-04-07 at 10:50 AM.
    03-04-07 10:44 AM
    ...somewhere! Seems your device was bought for network A, but you want to use it on network B, right?

I doubt your device is unlocked, especially if you bought it brand new, initially. Nonetheless, it might be cheaper (and less hassle) to get a new one (depending on the device) on the new network, no?
    03-04-07 07:41 PM
    Yeah, it probably won't work. Get a new BB, I know from experience with regular phones I have switched from Telus to Bell Mobility (whole family and work). What will happen is that the device may work for voice, but data features will be non-existent, and Telus doesn't give help of course when they know you are trying to use their handset on another company, especially BELL. So, you might get the Telus BB to work, but if you need the data and I assume you do, I would recommend to get a new BB from Bell and it will be less headaches. If you have everything saved on your computer and you can then put everything on the new one. For my new 8703e Bell even transfered my contacts from my old phone for me. Love my BB!!! Hope that helps my friend.
    04-10-07 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD