hi everyone i am purchasing and 8700g i would have purchased a curve but i just can't afford it i would like to know what applications and software i should get for it and if there are any issues with the device i should know about i know i could read about it but i just don't have the time i am relocating
    11-30-07 08:13 PM
    8700 series never gave me a single problem, ever. That is a good solid phone with excellent battery life. Just my experience.

As far as software, what are you into? I always start with mobile.blackberry.com to get the free goodies then expand from there. Theres live search, viigo, google maps...
    11-30-07 08:38 PM
    First off, the 8700g is an excellent choice. I love my 8700g. The only BB model that lasted over a year with me. If it wasn't for the curve....

Anyway, decide what application you want to get based on your needs -- not on other crackberry addicts. Their needs are different from yours. I could say, get mForm, Ascendo Money, eOffice, CryptMagic, iBerry Black & Whitelist, VR+, IM+, to name a few of my apps. But that doesn't really matches your needs, does it? Go with what you need and start from there. Identify your use and just search for the application that meets that need.

If you have any questions, your fellow members would love to help you out.
    11-30-07 11:54 PM
    Where do you get the apps you're referring too?
    12-01-07 08:48 AM
    If the Curve was NEVER invented, I'd still have my 8700! Get Viigo, and Google Maps, also JiveTalk.
    12-01-07 09:19 AM
    i knew i joined the right blackberry site all of you guys are amazing i can't talk to family and friends about the blackberry because they just don't understand it doesn't interest them at all my blackberry is my memory because i am taking medication for my heart and it makes me forget alot of important things i need to remember at first i was ashamed to admit that but i know you guys would understand.

i am now glad that i am getting the 8700g maybe later on my husband will surprise me with a curve for x-mas or my birthday next month i'm crossing my fingers but no matter what i will never get rid of the 8700g it will be my back up if i get a curve
    12-01-07 09:45 AM
    awsome, i have it, best bb ever tbh, gimmie your pin when you get it
    12-01-07 09:58 AM
    If Naviwilliams didn't pin me to inform me that he got the Pale Gold Curve, I still would have had my dependable 8700g
    Within that hour, I went to a Tmo Store and grabbed that baby. And then found out that navi's didn't arrive at the mail yet!

Navi, I have to blame you for this -- ALWAYS! I swear, sometimes friends are bad for you.. lol
    Last edited by chinesecatt; 12-01-07 at 12:36 PM.
    12-01-07 12:34 PM
    LMAO at CC! I have a Pearl that's been sitting in the closet for two months. I decided to use it for this week. Well, that lasted ONE (1) day! I'm back on my trusty 'gold' Curve 8320, yes, with Wi-fi...
    12-01-07 06:07 PM
    awsome, i have it, best bb ever tbh, gimmie your pin when you get it
    sure i'll add ya
    12-01-07 07:48 PM
    8700 series never gave me a single problem, ever. That is a good solid phone with excellent battery life. Just my experience.

As far as software, what are you into? I always start with mobile.blackberry.com to get the free goodies then expand from there. Theres live search, viigo, google maps...
    i will be sure to try all of those apps out thanks
    12-01-07 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD