I drive for FedEx in a very noisy package van for about 10 hours a day. I take a lot of phone calls throughout the day from customers, friends, family, etc.. and I really need a good bluetooth to keep my hands free. Plus, as most of you know, the background noise problem on the 8703e is brutal and makes it nearly impossible to have a conversation without repeating yourself over and over.

I've read tons of reviews on the Jawbone2, the Z9i, Voyager 925, as well as numerous others. After reading for hours, nothing is any clearer than it was before.. except that no bluetooth is consistently solid across the board. Even the Jawbone has tons of complaints about wind noise, repairs, quiet earpiece, etc.. so please help me!!
    01-17-09 06:02 PM
    Well this is kind of ironic, I used to work at a lil mom and pop cell phone store, and the local fedex guy ran into the same problem, so since i knew we could help him, im sure you the same answer will work for you, since there are so many aspects when getting a bluetooth, but over all after much trial and error, we concluded that the Blue Ant z9i worked best over all as far as loudness, clarity battery life etc... i would recomend the same for you the Blue ant z9i, JUST DONT get the JawBone 2, its just a fashion statement.
    01-17-09 10:36 PM
    Thank you! That was refreshing to read that reply, because I was strongly leaning towards getting that one after I did some further investigating. It sounds like the closest thing to the full package, all-aspects BT.

The Jawbone2 just seems like it has such mixed reviews, with even the good ones complaining about comfort and other annoyances. I saw one review explaining how to get the Jawbone positioned right for good quality, and it took about 10 paragraphs to explain!

Thanks again for the advice. I will likely be ordering the Z9i soon!

Justin
    01-18-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD