yesterday my 8700g was working well, could send & receive emails, had web browser etc the only thing that it did not do was not sync with my PC. I got some great advice of where to get a download and confidently off i went - bingo! as a then connected my bb to the pc by hard wire when it down loaded up to date software on the hand set - this is where it has gone wrong i think.

i now can receive emails but not send, i have no browser google map does not work ( i can live without this ) and i am now just about to jump up and down on it - i nearly lost some business today.

I am now going back through what i did and am questioning if i downloaded the correct version of the software v4.7. should i have used another?

if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it. a) it is frustrating and b) i am self employed and can't afford to loose business.

thanks
    01-23-09 03:49 PM
    Desktop software 4.7 should work fine with an 8700. As far as the problems you are having, when you download a new OS you need to setup everything again. And since you didn't backup your files you have to do all of that manually again.

Try setting up your email and everything again. And if that doesn't work out then reinstall your OS.

Wipe your phone and start from scratch.
    01-23-09 06:46 PM
    Desktop Manager 4.5 and 4.6 have been less troublesome for users than 4.7 is.
    01-23-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD