I just got my super cheap 8703e off ebay and cant wait to get it. does anybody have some suggestions on good programs? preferably free ones
    01-07-09 07:42 AM
    U just now bought an 8703??? Dammmmnnnnn. Where do u live, Botswana? That phone hit the market 5 years ago...... Anyway, couple cool programs are GoogleSync(backs up your contacts onto Google Servers, not only that but it syncs your Berry calendar to your Google Calendar and emails u when u have something comin up in schedule). Also, I like Antair Call Screener(blocks unwanted peeps from callin. Your phone won't ring if they call, it send em str8 to voicemail.) This program cost 49.99 but you can get free trial. I also downloaded GMail for BlackBerry, works sweet on my Curve. Check out BlackBerry Bold cases, Storm accessories, news and forums at Everything BlackBerry, Themes4BB.com| Free BlackBerry Themes|New BlackBerry Bold and Storm Custom Themes, and Pimp My Berry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry! usually can find good program ideas on those sites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 07:48 AM
    yes that phone DID come out on the market like _2_ years ago-not 5-and YES i did just buy one because i dont wanna spend $300 on a curve when im gonna get the verizon version of the bold for my bday.
    01-07-09 01:22 PM
    I'm still installing experimentally but opera mini and most of m.google.com are essential and free. I also like vlingo, eWord, and pirates... and a snazzy theme

I'll upgrade one day but before I do, and just for w33dluva, I'll buy a screwdriver and replace the 87xx plastic with a 8900 facia

My experiments go via a desktop so it costs me 5/month to run a 87xx, compared to 35/month for a 9000 on contract.
    Last edited by flop; 01-08-09 at 05:26 AM.
    01-08-09 05:12 AM
    thanks flop. have fun with opera, and lemme kno how it goes if you dont mind. im content with blackberrys standard browser, but thats not to say there isnt anything better
    01-08-09 10:40 AM
    thanks flop. have fun with opera, and lemme kno how it goes if you dont mind. im content with blackberrys standard browser, but thats not to say there isnt anything better
    Secretagentberry,

FYI only, I preferred Opera Mini also, until I updated the OS from 4.2 to 4.5. Since then, I removed Opera Mini since the browser on 4.5 works almost as well, especially over the EDGE connection.

Also, not really an "app," but a web shortcut I like a lot is the accuweather.com blackberry shortcut; it updates periodically with weather on your blackberry desktop...
    01-15-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD