Well, i used to have a pearl. and i LOVE blackberry. i used to come on crackberry about 18 hours a day lol.

i missed bb so much so i decided to buy the 8700g, i would wayyyy rather have the curve...but it was $170 more than i had! wah wah waaaaaaaaah.
    plus, the 8700 looked amazing. the roller thingy on the side is chill.

so i decided to step out of the box and buy the 8700g.
    i was wondering who likes theirs, or would you rather have another bb?
    be honest.
    09-28-08 09:22 PM
    hey hoi

I have the 8700c and its definitely my work horse. I would definitely prefer the 8700 form factor to the Suretype phones.

Here's why I still refuse to upgrade:
    -Can't stand the trackball
    -its virtually indestructible
    -one handed use, the trackball ones require 2
    -the buttons are bigger than the curve an spaced apart unlike the 8800 series
    -awesome battery life
    -love the backlit separation of the number keys
    -characters don't rub off
    -factory holster instead of pouches

I've tinkered with the 8300, 8310 and the 8820 but i keep coming back to my venerable 8700c. If only the 8700c could be updated with the following features:
    GPS, 3g and a memory card slot - Ultimate Blackberry

For me the only options are:
    Blackberry Bold or Javelin (if it gets 3g)
    09-29-08 01:15 AM
    This is my first BB and I love it. The only thing I wish it had was a camera and a sd slot. Other than that its awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 01:41 AM
    Oh that's so great that it's indestructible!
    I drop my phones allll the time especially when im trying to carry other things.
    And i'm glad the battery life is great.
    I have a sidekick at the moment, and battery is crap!
    I'm always somewhere and never home...
    so i need a phone that has amazing battery life
    thanks guys<3
    09-29-08 05:05 AM
    I agree, the 8703 is by far the best BB I have used. They key for me is the keyboard. I've tried the curve and the 8830, but just could not get used to the keyboard.

Like those above, I wish my BB has a mem slot and a camera. The size doesn't really bother since I wear in on my belt clip. I prefer it over the curve for that reason, love the plastic clip, its a classic...

If it played MP3s, it would be perfect for me..

09-29-08 01:31 PM
    I love my 8700 and have not thought about trading it yet....lol
    09-29-08 07:04 PM
    I used to have an 8700c. It was my all time favorite blackberry. I have the 8310, and I love it to death. But I still love the 8700. So durable. I spent months trying to find one for me to have as a backup. Couldn't find a good one. So the other I bought a 7130 for 50 bucks. Mint condition. AS SOON AS I MADE THE PAYMENT, I see a brand new post. "8700c for 65. " I was sooo mad. But its ok. The 7130 is just as durable as the 8700. I don't really mind camera. Yes it is fun to have, but not a big deal for me. But if it only a memory card slot, and 3g, than it would be the perfect berry.

09-29-08 07:15 PM
    The keyboard is great to type on but I prefer using a trackball and having a camera. Also I find the 8703 just a shade too thick. It does feel near indestructible though, compared to the rather light feeling Pearl and Curve.
    09-29-08 07:23 PM
    i miss my 8700g i now i have a pearl and even though i didn't mean to drop it the 8700g is a beast it to quite the beating and kept on working i loved it it is still in the family i lent it to my daughter now she's addicted as well
    Last edited by cinnamin; 09-29-08 at 07:33 PM.
    09-29-08 07:29 PM
    i just bought one on ebay for $54 for a back up...cant wait for it to arrive
    09-29-08 08:21 PM
    Yeah, the only two things i wish it had was the trackball( don't know why, but i love them!) and a camera.
    I was thinking about actually getting a Dash, but i rethought that when i remembered it was windows mobile. In my opinion, the only thing windows should be computers. I hear that windows mobile is really glitchy.
    Atleast i know i can trust BlackBerry, that's probably why i went with this instead.

I'm WAY too excited. All i keep talking about to my best friend is my phone arriving soon.
    She was like yelling at me to shut up hahahha

Plus, every few minutes i'm checking the UPS website to see when it'll come in.
    I guess that's how you know when you're a BB addict.
    >.>
    09-30-08 01:26 AM
    I wish sprint makes it easier to switch phones (sim swap is so convenient..).. Have a curve sitting at home un used because I can't I've up the 8703.. Getting rid of a 8830 as well..

The way I see it, the BB is a communication tool, and what is more important than a comfortable keyboard to type on.. Haven't had a phone with a better keyboard yet!!

09-30-08 06:04 PM
    yeah, this is an easy transition from my sidekick

i love it.
    sooo much, i got it in earlier today and freaked outtttt
    09-30-08 08:05 PM
    Pretty sweet but really do miss the camera as well. Overall, very positive.
    09-30-08 10:41 PM
    -one handed use, the trackball ones require 2
    I beg to differ. The reason I opted for a Pearl over the 8700 is the trackball. The trackball's just as useful in one hand as the jogdial, and it's placed in the center face instead of the side, which makes it ambidextrous as well*.

*I'm a southpaw.
    10-01-08 10:03 AM
    i do miss my trackball
    but the track wheel is pretty handy in school
    i dont need two hands

you guys have no idea how much i love it.
    i just got rid of my sidekick....
    seriously
    major difference.
    not even kidding im absolutely in love<3
    10-01-08 06:06 PM
    I love my 8700G. Decent sized screen, well lit keyboard. An SD slot would be cool, especially for photos, ringtones.

But since I do photography as a hobby and freelance last I need is a camera on it. But eventually soon enough I'm sure with all cameras will be standard.

I never let it leave my side.

10-02-08 05:50 PM
    I absolutely love the 8703! I actually upgraded to a curve but I have gone back and forth between it and the 8703. I'm glad with Sprint I cant change phone online which is nice. For me, the 8703 had the BEST keyboard of any bb i have used and it feels the best in my hands. So durable. I keep getting the 8703 out and playing with it, it's just a great phone.
    10-03-08 07:46 PM
    I also put my curve in a Otterbox case to make it larger, now it feels more my like 8703 did in my hands....
    10-03-08 08:06 PM
    Only had my Blackberry 8700v for a short time but love it already. I actually got it for my wife but she prefers her old Tiny flip phone so I got to keep the Blackberry and I am chuffed with it and she can't have it now if she wanted it.
    10-04-08 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD