Hey guys

My 8700 shuts down while i m on a call....it does not power back again by itself i hav to take the battery up to reboot it...And this only and only happens when i talking on the device like as little as 5 to 10 min in to the call it will just shut down...the device never shuts down otherwise.

I clean app loaded...wiped it...downgraded to 4.2 then to 4.5 device software...but still the same issue...

Can anyone plz help..

Thanks in advance
    11-09-09 07:55 PM
    It sounds like your battery could be failing. Talking on the phone puts the largest continuous load on the battery. If it suddenly can't supply the needed current, the phone could shut down. Try another battery and see if that solves the problem. It's unlikely to be a software or OS issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 08:43 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply....u knw how much a battery is for the 8700
    11-09-09 09:16 PM
    The CrackBerry Store has an extended battery for the 8700 for $40. I'm not sure of the number for the standard battery. Check your battery, then look in the store. Some standard batteries are only $20.
    11-10-09 08:56 AM
    I've got the same problem except it doesn't just happen on calls, I can be doing anything - reading email, typing sms etc. It seems to happen when the battery power drops by 1 bar off full it cuts off. The only way to get the 8700 back on is to reseat battery. and then it will go for a short while and cut out again. It will only run for about 30mins after charging. Today I bought a new battery, charged it fully and it failed after about 10mins - worse than the original battery - can't have two faulty batteries, one brand new ? Need advice/help.
    11-28-09 05:56 PM
    Try using a different charger to recharge the new battery. If the problem persists, you have conclusively proven there is a problem with the power circuitry in your phone. If using a different charger solves the problem, then you have a cheap and simple solution. Otherwise you are looking at a new phone, assuming your warranty has expired.
    11-28-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD