i have downloaded desktop manager which requires a device password. This not the my unlock password. Where can I find it please?
    04-28-09 07:08 AM
    HIT'CANCEL" TOO MANY TIMES AND WIPED THE LOT. BUGGER. WHAT DO i DO NOW? I BOUGHT IT S/HAND ON EBAY NO DISKS CAME WITH IT.
    04-29-09 07:52 AM
    Hit "Cancel" then continue. You should only have to do this once.
    This nuked my device. not been able to restore yet.
    04-30-09 09:30 PM
    Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com Select your country
    Software> Blackberry Desktop Software

US site for Blackberry desktop
    05-01-09 12:30 AM
    The big stumbling block seems to be the device ID and the password required by the loader. I dont have either and without an OS the loader cant seem to locate the ID. All I have is a blank white screen with a small black square in the centre.So I dont know what to do now. The official BB site does not have any info to help.
    05-04-09 06:59 AM
    i am having the same problem. DM's device password does not equal my phone unlock password. This makes too many attemps and my phone wipes clean and then i have to reset a new password. Did you have any luck?
    05-07-09 09:31 AM
    OK....I'll take a stab at this for you. Are you sre your not entering numbers instead of letters..for instance you think the password is 4646 on your device but its actually sfsf. Also while the device is not connected to the pc go to options/security options/general settings and make sure content protection is disabled.
    05-07-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD