I've downloaded the latest version of the desktop manager but cannot seem to find the media manager so that i can put ring tones on my bb. I've tried emailing them through crackberry and i can't save them, it goes straight to playing them. I connect my bb to my computer open the desktop manager and still no media manager. ahh all i want to do is have some ring tones on my phone anyone have any idea of what it could be or how i can get this to work?
    07-09-08 11:39 AM
    The BB web site provides several different packages (english, multi-language, with MM, without MM) of Desktop Manager. It sounds like you downloaded the package which does not bundle Media Manager with it. You should go back and make sure you download the package that says it comes with Media Manager.
    07-09-08 11:42 AM
    I downloaded the multi language one that comes with the media manager, i actually downloaded it, then uninstalled it thinking maybe i might have downloaded the wrong one then re downloaded it. and still can't find the media manager.
    07-09-08 12:01 PM
    Assuming you are downloading v4.3 you should be looking for this:

Desktop Software v4.3 b25 with Media Manager (English)

* Download includes: Desktop Manager and Device Manager
    * File name: BlackBerry_Desktop_Software_v4.3_English.exe
    * File size: 218 MB
    * Date posted: 6-Dec-07
    07-09-08 12:21 PM
    yeah, thats the one. maybe I'm just downloading the wrong one? and maybe i need to download it again. or maybe i'm setting it up wrong? ahh i dont know. i've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now.
    07-09-08 12:35 PM
    What is the file size of the file you downloaded? It should be 218mb. If it is less than that, then you have the package that doesn't have MM.
    07-09-08 12:44 PM
    i have the wrong one. I must be riding the short bus today hahah. thanks for helping me out. is there any way you can give me a direct link to the desktop manager that has the media manager?
    07-09-08 12:47 PM
    If this link doesn't work, let me know.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D22C81D7A66609
    07-09-08 12:55 PM
    awesome! thank you so much
    07-09-08 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD