Hey,

Just wondering how I can personalize the desktop on the blackberry and remove some unwanted icons. For example, I downloaded google maps but I do not want the google talk icon on there as I won't use it.

Thanks for your help.
    06-07-07 03:36 PM
    Highlight the icon you want to hide, press menu, then hide...

Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    06-07-07 03:46 PM
    if you hide it, how do you unhide it?
    06-07-07 08:26 PM
    Again, press menu on the screen with the icons, and select 'show all'. Find the icon you want to 'unhide', select it, select menu, uncheck hide, then menu again, and uncheck 'show all.....
    06-07-07 08:44 PM
    I tried to unhide the media icon which somehow disappeared, I have tried to use show all menu command with no luck. do not know what else to do?

any suggestions?

thanks
    06-23-07 03:20 AM
    I tried to unhide the media icon which somehow disappeared, I have tried to use show all menu command with no luck. do not know what else to do?

any suggestions?

thanks
    Try taking out the battery and when it recycles, try to show all or hide and see what it does.
    07-14-07 01:16 AM
    Highlight the icon you want to hide, press menu, then hide...

Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    This might be a dumb question but...which key IS the menu key? I can't figure it out on my 8703e.

Thanks!
    08-08-07 11:48 PM
    The menu key is, in your case (8703e) pressing the trackwheel. On other devices, like the 8800, 8100 & 8300, is the key to the left of the trackball...
    08-09-07 06:13 AM
    So we can help you better, please fill in your profile with device and carrier information. It take 2 minutes and can be the difference in giving you the right or wrong answers. Click here to see how.
    08-09-07 07:36 AM
    No question is a dumb question.if there is an application you want to delete, just click the options icon and click applications. Highlight the app anc click trackwheel. Choose delete and confirm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-07 02:29 AM
    Which key is the menu key on the 8700g?? There are a few icons Id like to hide/delete but have no idea how to?
    09-03-07 03:22 AM
    Menu key = press trackwheel in...
    09-03-07 03:30 AM
    I have the 8703e and the past two days i recently get a wierd icon on my blackberry near my messages icon by the time and date. It seems like a message icon of some sort but it only shows up when i have the keyboard locked. It started with a number 1 next to it but now its all the way up to number 4 and it vibrates when it goes up but the phone says nothing. Is there somewhere that i can find and see a list of the notification icons to see what this is? Its a blue white and gray square. Thanks a bunch. Its driving me nuts to not know what it is.
    09-22-07 02:45 AM
    No question is a dumb question.if there is an application you want to delete, just click the options icon and click applications. Highlight the app anc click trackwheel. Choose delete and confirm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I went to applications in the options icon and deleted Maps. Well there';s no data in it now but the icon is still on my screen (8320). How do I get rid of the icon?
    Southsepark
    01-29-08 05:26 AM
    I would like to delete some icons from the HOME screen, but am having a heck of a time trying to find the menu key on this thing (Verizon Wireless: 8703e). When I follow the advice previously posted and press the trackwheel in on the icon, it just takes me to that application, no menu pops up. I've also tried to assign the Menu option to the convenience key on the front of the device, but I don't seem to be able to. When I go into "Screen/Keyboard" to assign that key, I can find just about any other option available to assign to this key, but Menu isn't there as it is on other Blackberries! Grrr...are these specific limitations that Verizon has setup?

Thanks for any help!
    Christen
    01-31-08 01:45 PM
    jjpoff,

Here is RIM's link to the Getting Started Guide...on page 3 of it, you'll find a list of the status indicators: blackberry.com/ knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8067/645045/8533/1271687/1271651/BlackBerry_8703e_-_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf?nodeid=1291990&vernum=0

I don't see one like what you're describing, and it's suspicious that it wouldn't still be on the screen when you unlocked it. Perhaps someone else with more experience will respond too.

Good Luck!
    Christen
    01-31-08 01:55 PM
    I'm schlepping for my boss, who recently procured an 8703e from Alltel. His problem is 'missing icons.' Particularly the phone icon. He is unable to check vmail or lookup phone numbers.

I sent him the suggestions from naviwilliams about unhiding icons. He tried the re-seat the battery step. His last email to me said, "Tried it but no change on the screen. Everything is the same. UGH. . .lets look at it first of the week."

Since I am troubleshooting this via email and unfamiliar with his Blackberry, I don't know if this is user error or not.
    02-01-08 05:17 PM
    Also, you will have to "hide" the icons everytime you change you switch themes.
    02-01-08 11:48 PM
    You're right- clicking the trackwheel only opens the app on an 8700-
    Highlight the icon- click alt THEN the clickwheel- then hide icon-
    02-03-08 12:30 AM
    I can't deny I can't see any hide icon when I also hit menu key. I actually deleted some of the icons. I don't have the ability to get on the internet so some of the icons are useless.. but the one I want to delete is the one to turn off the radio.
    03-06-08 06:07 AM
    Um.. guess I should read through all the posts before I reply eh? course.. I thought there was only one page of posts :P
    03-06-08 06:08 AM
    no there are not. go to ur home screen and try holding down the alt key and trackball at the same time. a menu should appear
    07-23-08 03:47 PM
    The menu key is, in your case (8703e) pressing the trackwheel. On other devices, like the 8800, 8100 & 8300, is the key to the left of the trackball...
    Sorry to keep bringing this up:
    When I press the 'scroll wheel' on the right of my 8703e,
    it automatically starts the app instead of going to the 'menu'

e.g., i want to hide 'facebook' but clicking the wheel just starts loading the browser

thanks,
    09-24-09 01:07 AM
    Sorry to keep bringing this up:
    When I press the 'scroll wheel' on the right of my 8703e,
    it automatically starts the app instead of going to the 'menu'

e.g., i want to hide 'facebook' but clicking the wheel just starts loading the browser

thanks,
    you have to press the ALT key on the keypad, THEN click the track wheel to bring up the "Hide" option.

*press and hold the "ALT" key and simultaneously click the track wheel*
    09-24-09 10:38 AM
    ^ What that one said. You can always deselect "Hide" and you have to make sure that you deselect "Show All" if you truly want it hidden.
    10-26-09 01:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD