OK I know this question has been asked before about the default browser not working and the fact that you need a data plan etc.

I have a 8700v which is locked to Vodafone and I am with Vodafone using PAYG.

I DON'T have a data plan with them

I have downloaded Opera and I can access the internet fine with that

I can use Google maps fine

I can use Google mail fine

But I cannot use the default browser, but what puzzles me is it does not say can't access etc when I try to use the default browser it just says 'REQUESTING' with a bar moving along the bottom but nothing else happens. Is this normal for a locked phone. Only want to use the default browser to download applications instead of using the desktop software all the time is there no way to do this ??
    10-11-08 04:17 AM
    Not without a data plan. The reason you are able to use the other programs is because all they need is data access (Vodafone's internet) and the BB browser uses the BB data plan as it goes through RIM's servers to provide the data access.

Can't you use the carrier's browser rather than the BB browser? For me it's Medianet. I'm unsure of what it's called for Vodafone.
    10-11-08 11:08 PM
    Well I think that may be what I was trying to use it says Vodafone live, it just keeps saying requesting ??

So if that's not the default browser where is the default browser ?
    10-12-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD