So I woke up this morning and realized my BlackBerry 8703e had chosen to observe the Daylight Savings Time "Fall Back" today, a full week early.

I went into my options and saw that I had "Network" chosen as the date/time source, and at the bottom of the screen under "Network Time" it said the correct time, but up above it was still showing the incorrect, fallen-back time. I clicked "update" to try to get the new time, but no dice.

My quick-and-dirty fix was to just adjust my time zone, and I guess next week when the time really changes I'll change it back. On a more permanent basis, is there some software update I need to download to tell my BB that the DST calendar has changed this year?
    10-28-07 09:00 PM
    Are you connected a Blackberry Enterprise Server? If so have you already installed the Blackberry 2007 DST software patch?

Open this link from your Blackberry to download and apply the update - it should fix the problem
    http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/pa...otapatcher.jad

Background info.
    BlackBerry
    Affected devices and software versions
    BlackBerry

For BIS users Blackberry simply request that you manually correct the dates
    "Move the time forward 1 hour on 28 October 2007, and then back 1 hour on 4 November 2007"
    Last edited by Berryman; 10-29-07 at 09:25 AM.
    10-29-07 09:18 AM
    Thanks Berryman, that fixed it.
    10-29-07 02:01 PM
    Good, glad to hear it. It's always nice hear back if a suggested fix did in fact provide the remedy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Berryman; 10-29-07 at 02:41 PM.
    10-29-07 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD