I have a Verizon 8703e that was flashed to work with cricket. Voice and text works wonderfully.

I also had the internet access working, but applications like the weather wasn't working, they would just time out or throw some kind of error. So I decided to upgrade the OS.

When I follow the same steps to make the phone work, the error I get is this, "Unable to connect to the internet. Please try again later."

Pretty standard error.

Is there anyone that has gotten the web to work on the cricket network? I have all the programs needed, I just need a little direction.

Thanks.
    08-06-09 06:04 AM
    My fear is that you had service books before the OS upgrade and the new version has wiped them out. Do you have a backup? I would restore, I know that that cricket can't provide those for you. They are not a blackberry cell phone provider, they have no way to push the books to you.
    08-06-09 06:57 AM
    Does the file, BB_CKT_WAP_MMS.ipd count? I have that :-P
    08-06-09 11:14 AM
    Can someone please translate for me? All I see is a bunch of jibberish text like i don't have the language installed.
    08-06-09 01:33 PM
    new to the site - love it ! i am having a hard time registering my bb 8830 curve (sprint originally now cricket) after a full flash =( any help would be greatly appreciated

i am able to send and recieve text, pics and get on the web ... but i wanna be able to be notified on my bb when i have mail ie; hotmail, myspace, and instant messenger etc

HELP !!
    09-16-09 02:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The blackberry with not register with cricket service. Cricket does not have the infrastructure in place for email service.

Because Cricket also works differently when what the phones original carrier was setup, most applications that do not have an advanced proxy settings will not work. I may start development on some kind of Tunneling / VPN Software, or packet redirection software, but we will have to see how the platform works with hijacking and redirecting packets.
    09-16-09 04:54 PM
    im having the same problem but i have storm ... u tryin to mail me the link to the sbooks you have
    11-13-09 03:21 PM
    I flashed my BB8130 to Cricket about a week ago. I have web, MMS,SMS and pix but i also cant get instant msgr, and no instant mail. I was told that mobile gmail provides instant type push mail that works great... I downloaded it and installed it--Problem is that it times out on me after install. I believe its that service book issue that we're all talking about. I know that there's a lot of people out there that are GENIUSES (like tonycortes) that has made amazing developments with flashed phones to Cricket and other networks. Google him and you'll find the link. (I don't have enough posts to actually link it.) I've learned quite about my flashed phone in this small amount of time just reading what he's figured out. If anyone on this forum makes any headway please PM me and I'll do the same.
    11-18-09 03:05 PM
    I found some books but none enable my browser or mms to work on my phone,but one does actually say cricket browser and such but when it loads it gets all the way to the end and says internet cant connect ... anyone got any ideas ???
    11-18-09 09:01 PM
    i need that bb_ckt_wap_mms.ipd if you still have it does that fix the cricket browser issue on blackberry strorms ?
    01-09-10 08:54 PM
    I have 8703e on Cricket. Internet works w/4.2 OS but will not work with upgrade. I don't believe it's possible. None of the 4.5s worked for me regarding browser connection. All other apps worked great with upgrade. If you want browser to work,stay with 4.2, if not interested in web then 4.5 is better choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 06:29 AM
    I still have 4.5 w/cricket and browser, sms, mms, and email worked fine. When I first got my 8330 I lost my service books doing an upgrade for the OS. I searched crackberry forums and found several service books. (Cricket only accepts 4 entries if those 4 are in a SB). After loading the SB it worked great again. This time I used CrackUtil to unlock my fireall and lost them again. This time not only did I loose my backup but the service books will each only load 2 of the 4 entries.
    So be careful about whatever you do. No matter what ... Be Careful.
    04-26-10 10:27 AM
    can i get it the BB_CKT_WAP_MMS.ipd file
    10-21-10 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD