I have an 8700G and my company envoked security on it such that I cannot connect to it using the desktop software because I get stuck at a password box. Similarly, when web browsing and attempt a download, I get an http error saying the application cannot accept the content.

My company's security included password protecting the screen and I have tried that password to no avail.

Any idea if there is a workaround?
    03-02-07 12:12 PM
    You mean you cant even get to the home screen?

And you havent got the password at all ? or are we talking IT Policies?
    03-02-07 12:20 PM
    Yep, sounds like an I.T. policy. I hope you have a friend in the I.T. department! If yes, get with them, quick, and have them move your pin to the default policy group (no settings are normally set here)...

People at my office can't stand the fact that I've placed on policy on BES...

ps: go to OPTIONS / SECURITY OPTIONS / GENERAL SETTINGS - in the IT Policy sections, does it have something there?
    Last edited by navilyn; 03-02-07 at 12:38 PM.
    03-02-07 12:33 PM
    navilyn is correct. You can't get around the IT Policy that's been pushed to your BB. You're stuck with it. If you do indeed have a friend at the IT dept, and who's close to the BES admin, you might have a chance.

There is info out there on removing IT policy but don't get duped into that trap either. You risk your job trying to remove the policy only to have it pushed back as soon as you activate on the BES again anyway.
    03-04-07 01:28 AM
    navilyn is correct. You can't get around the IT Policy that's been pushed to your BB. You're stuck with it. If you do indeed have a friend at the IT dept, and who's close to the BES admin, you might have a chance.

There is info out there on removing IT policy but don't get duped into that trap either. You risk your job trying to remove the policy only to have it pushed back as soon as you activate on the BES again anyway.
    Time to find out what it admin likes coffee maybe better parking spot
    03-04-07 09:04 AM
    I heard after 10 attempts the berry will hard reset the user lock
    04-06-07 02:06 AM
    After about 10 invalid password attempts, the BB will perform a secuirty wipe on itself. But if it has an IT policy, that will still be in place.
    04-06-07 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD