Hi everyone,
    I just bought a advertised as New (but clearly refurbished) BlackBerry 8700g. It was advertised that it can be used with any carrier, but I put my t-Mobile Sim card in it and it doesn't work. I get a "data connection refused" message. The time/date feature reads April 3 2008 and the alarm didn't even go off this morning when I set it.

The phone comes on, I can scroll through and change the themes and I did check to see if it was unlocked and it says Security Disabled in the SimCard choice under Advanced Options.

I contacted the company and they said, that the reason it boots with Cingular is they had to update the software, which left me a little confused. So can anyone tell me, will or should my t-Mobile sim card work if the software is Cingular. And if not, what are my options other than return it and HOPE I get a refund, which they suggested as well.

Anartistatwork
    04-03-09 11:49 AM
    It is unlocked if you see that. Your date/time is a year off . Yes it will boot with cingular banner if it was upgraded with thier os. I suggest upgrading the device yourself. Look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/newe...nguage-129985/ thats the newest and greatest. Make that thing run like a scolded dog.
    04-03-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD