Someone help! I have a BlackBerry 8700c with a goPhone plan. I wanted to download a ringtone to my phone, but the Cingular Browser (there is no Blackberry browser available) always says "Requesting..." and fails to load. I'm new to the whole Blackberry thing, so can someone please help?
    02-20-09 12:39 AM
    You can try the Blackberry Browser. It is there, it's just hidden. Alt+Escape should bring it up (it's BB's version of Alt-Tab if you are familiar with windows).

Otherwise there is a guide on this very website to transfering ringtones onto your Blackberry from your computer. It's under "Downloads and Tools".

As I have found out, Blackberrys and prepaid plans are difficult.
    Last edited by King Riffle; 02-20-09 at 01:30 AM.
    02-20-09 01:27 AM
    I'm not sure if the 8700c has an escape key...
    02-21-09 01:14 AM
    Sure does, it's the silver button below the trackwheel on the right hand side
    02-21-09 01:37 AM
    ^^^
    What he said. I should've clarified that.
    02-21-09 02:43 AM
    ok i understand, but now I am trying to connect my blackberry to my computer, but there was no reaction with the computer or the phone. i heard there was a program called PocketMac for blackberry? will that help in any way?
    02-21-09 02:28 PM
    Pocket mac is a free synchronisation program for blackberry users who have Apple computers.

You probably need Desktop Manager for PC which is a free download.
    The first few stickies on this 8700 site will cover most of your questions for setting your BB up.

You can also download the ringtones to your PC and transfer them across using bluetooth
    02-21-09 07:16 PM
    Will PocketMac have the same features as Desktop Manager, as in putting ringtones onto my phone through a usb cable?
    02-22-09 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD