My wireless network through work is Cbeyond. I have the 8703e and want to add a theme, but the requirements to make the theme work is an operating system of 4.2.2. My OS says 4.1.0384. I checked the blackberry.com website and found a Cbeyond section for my phone, but no OS update. Therefore, I have the latest OS. My question is, if I download a theme, even though I don't meet the OS requirements, will it work?
    04-19-08 09:43 PM
    You can upgrade the OS on your device to 4.2. Follow these instructions:

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

I believe both Sprint and Verizon have the 4.2 OS...I think Sprint's is newer (and will work on your device as long as you follow the steps and delete the vendor.xml after you download and install the OS on your PC).
    04-19-08 09:51 PM
    If I update my phone with a Sprint OS will it work on the Cbeyond network? That doesn't sound right.
    04-19-08 10:23 PM
    Yes, it will work. I have updated several of my user's devices with newer OS's from different carriers and they work fine.

Is CBeyond your internet ISP? I have never heard of CBeyond as a CMDA carrier.
    04-19-08 10:26 PM
    Cbeyond is a VOIP company that provides mobile, land line and internet for our small business. It actually works fantastic, the availability of newer phones are limited though.
    04-20-08 11:10 AM
    Ok, I downloaded the Sprint OS for my Cbeyond phone and it worked!! I absolutely love the update!! Thanks for helping!!
    04-20-08 10:57 PM
    cbeyond uses sprint's network for mobile.
    Glad to know it worked for you, I just got my Pearl through cbeyond, and the version is 4.3, but 4.5 seems to be the latest version which is not available for cbeyond customers.
    01-06-09 04:04 PM
    My company used cbeyond we left their service about a year ago. and have many devices if insterested.
    11-01-09 08:45 AM
    hi cbeyond rep is trying to convince me to be my provider , i am not sure what to do , are they good , and why did you leave,thanks
    12-04-09 07:35 AM
    They are simply an MVNO (resell service of sprint/verizon under their own branded name), unless their pricing makes sense for you, I wouldn't consider it... they have limited device choices.
    12-05-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD