I have a blackberry 8700G with T-mobile. I'm not quite sure what happened (didn't drop it or anything). I can't hear anything from my handset when I place a call or pick up a call. I also can't hear anything when I press numbers to place a call, normally, even under quiet mode I can still here that "ping" noise whenever you press a number. I believe it's a software issue and not a hardware on because I did a sync update one time and it fixed the issue that I had. I've done everything from upgrading to the new firmware 4.2 but I'm not sure what's going. I can hear everything just fine if I talk through my wire headset or my bluetooth, but can't hear anything from my handset unless I use the speakerphone which works just fine. Any thoughts?
    01-16-08 10:32 AM
    Are you sure the mute button is not stuck? Try a battery pull (pull the battery out while the device is still on)...
    01-16-08 10:39 AM
    Just tried the battery pull, didnt work.........I'm pretty sure it's not a mute issue, because if I plug in my cord headset or my bluetooth it works just fine. I thought it was a bluetooth issue so I even disabled my bluetooth and removed all the devices, but it still has this problem.
    01-16-08 11:01 AM
    please help me i can't hera the other from my phone i have a blackberry storm 9500 and i can't hear the other who speaking!! i can hear just from the headsets!!!! :'( does my phone is dead xD ???? i didn't done anything (broke) !! please if you know what is going on tell me .. i am confused!! ............<3
    12-21-09 01:30 PM
    Theres a small speaker inside your phone.Mine broke and did the same thing. Went to a local phone fixer and it cost me $25 to fix. Blackberry wanted $350 to fix it.
    12-24-09 09:12 AM
    ok tnks johnny b good!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
    12-30-09 11:43 AM
    My BB 8703e is doing the same thing - no audio from the ear speaker, and unable to switch to the speakerphone mode. I'm working on it now to see if I can correct it.
    01-04-10 03:40 PM
    did anybody figure it out? im having the same problem, only i don' even have the speakerphone option anymore...
    02-06-10 06:57 PM
    Hi everybody,
    this is the first Blackberry in my life,and was given to me just a few days ago.It was working fine until I lost audio,both speakerphone and headset,only ringtones work,not even mycrophone would record anything.When I connect headset,I can talk to other side,and record normally.I've noticed that there is no speakerphone function when I press $ button (speakerphone button),same thing when I press the trackwheel while open line,no speakerphone function visible or available.I have new OS freshly installed-same thing.Please give me some idea what could that be?Thanks.........
    08-16-11 07:12 AM
    I'm havingthe same probe with my bb torch! Cant hear anything unless its on speaker! I pulled battery and nothing idont want to put any money into it! It happened out of nowhwere it has to be a setting somewhere! Help
    12-05-11 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD